Boat Storage contracts - seasonal, winter (seeking templates)

/ Boat Storage contracts - seasonal, winter (seeking templates) #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
Good morning,

I tried to find the best place to post this thread, as there may be some tractor people that can help me here.
My apologies if this is posted in the wrong area, please re-direct as needed.

I used to think that one could find almost anything through an internet search. So far, after 2 hours, I have not found what I am looking for ... a template for a boat storage lease / rental agreement.

- rental (residence) agreements - no
- general storage units agreements - no
- car lease agreements - no
- RV storage agreements - no, getting closer, but no templates to view
- the local boat places have no information online either - I will probably stop in there today to see if they can guide me a bit

Here's the scenario ...

My cousin has asked me to draft a lease / rental agreement for purposes of BOAT STORAGE over the winter.

He is a life time farmer, and recently sold his chicken quota - so his chicken barn is now going to be re-purposed as a storage facility for boats primarily.

it is a large, modern, heated facility that can probably hold 100 + boats.can

He just needs a contract for his customers. I'm looking for a template that I can get ideas from, and modify to this specific purpose.

I figured that some of the tractor community might also be boat people, and perhaps you have put boats in storage for winter.

any suggestions appreciated, I may be drafting the entire form ...

thank you

/ Boat Storage contracts - seasonal, winter (seeking templates) #2  
I would hire an attorney who might have advice beyond the basic agreement. 100+ boats isn't chicken scratch, and there are likely to be lots of ways for it to go sideways, like renters who don't drain their systems before storage, and leave food on board that breeds vermin, not to mention damaging other renters' boats.

Sorry not to be more help.

All the best,

Peter

/ Boat Storage contracts - seasonal, winter (seeking templates)
The plan is for my cousin to do all the movements etc, no in/out access, everything declared re winterizing, contents, description etc, photos taken. Owners drop off, and pick up outside of the building, and have their own boat storage / content insurance. Cousin has the building, and liability insured, he is insured and bondable. mostly customers are people that he knows to some degree. customers would arrange appointments to access anything in the secured building.

I know enough about legal documents to draft something up, just wanting a template for the general info. He can probably get the original document then notarized, and make copies from there.

Last year he had 14 boats, but he has lots of room inside the building ... it used to host 45,000 chickens (his quota was 90,000 birds every 8 weeks)

there must be some boat owners here that have used storage facilities in the past.

thank you to Admin for relocating this thread to Rural Living :)

/ Boat Storage contracts - seasonal, winter (seeking templates) #5  
Eagle 1 - those links look helpful, thank you

/ Boat Storage contracts - seasonal, winter (seeking templates) #7  
Hope it at least gives you some ideas.....

I glanced at them and printed them off, I should be able to blend the information into a useable document :) thanks