Bobcat ZT Reviews or Thoughts?

/ Bobcat ZT Reviews or Thoughts? #1  

Robert_Actual

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2040
I’m looking at getting a ZT mower for our new place. I purchased a Bobcat compact tractor and now seem to be on the email list for other sales/promos the company is having. Price seems competitive with all other brands but in looking for reviews it’s difficult to tell paid content from honest writing.

To complicate the issue Doosan/ Bobcat Tractor just acquired BOB-CAT mowers but I’m not sure if this is where the rebranding came from or if they purchased them to get rid of a similar name.

Likely looking at the ZT2000 with the Kawasaki motor.

Anyone have one of these machines they would be willing to comment on?

Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Bobcat ZT Reviews or Thoughts? #2  
I’m looking at getting a ZT mower for our new place. I purchased a Bobcat compact tractor and now seem to be on the email list for other sales/promos the company is having. Price seems competitive with all other brands but in looking for reviews it’s difficult to tell paid content from honest writing. Additionally this is complicated as there is a Bob-Cat company that makes the green mowers. But I’m talking about the skid steer company here.

Likely looking at the ZT2000 with the Kawasaki motor.

Anyone have one of these machines they would be willing to comment on? I’m sure they’re rebranded but not sure who the parent company is so I can look at those reviews.

Thanks.

I believe Bobcat skid steer company bought Bob Cat mower company.

IMG_1328.JPG

MoKelly

/ Bobcat ZT Reviews or Thoughts? #3  
My workplace sells Bob-Cat mowers along with Kubota, has for years. Bob-Cat mowers are as good or better than the Kubota gas powered zeroturns.
The first thing Doosan did was slash the warranty length, then they changed the paint scheme. What else they do to the line remains to be seen.

/ Bobcat ZT Reviews or Thoughts? #4  
My son is a Doosan/Bobcat Equipment salesman so I can add some info. Most of the stuff above is still correct:
  • Bob-Cat Mowers started in 1952
  • Clark Equipment bought the Bob-Cat Mower line around 1995; Clark was bought later that year by Ingersoll-Rand
  • Ingersoll-Rand was bought by Doosan around 2007 but Doosan kept the zero-turn mowers separate as "Bob-Cat"
  • Last year Doosan decided to add "Bobcat" mowers but they still sell the "Bob-Cat" line as well (Mow on Your Terms | BOB-CAT® Turf)
  • Both "Bob-Cat" and "Bobcat" mowers are built on the same assembly line, have many of the same designs and features, just different paint schemes (NOTE: this is FOR NOW. Most people expect Doosan to phase out the "bob-Cat" brand over the next few years)
The upper-levels are very good machines. The handlebars take a little getting used to (they are a "teardrop" shape instead of round). The swing-away rear bumper is a nice feature that gives you great access to the engine area. The "AirFX" deck also does a good job of not clogging up. Personally I find the ride a little rough compared to other manufacturers but a suspension seat helps.

/ Bobcat ZT Reviews or Thoughts? #5  
My son is a Doosan/Bobcat Equipment salesman so I can add some info. Most of the stuff above is still correct:
  • Bob-Cat Mowers started in 1952
  • Clark Equipment bought the Bob-Cat Mower line around 1995; Clark was bought later that year by Ingersoll-Rand
  • Ingersoll-Rand was bought by Doosan around 2007 but Doosan kept the zero-turn mowers separate as "Bob-Cat"
  • Last year Doosan decided to add "Bobcat" mowers but they still sell the "Bob-Cat" line as well (Mow on Your Terms | BOB-CAT® Turf)
  • Both "Bob-Cat" and "Bobcat" mowers are built on the same assembly line, have many of the same designs and features, just different paint schemes (NOTE: this is FOR NOW. Most people expect Doosan to phase out the "bob-Cat" brand over the next few years)
The upper-levels are very good machines. The handlebars take a little getting used to (they are a "teardrop" shape instead of round). The swing-away rear bumper is a nice feature that gives you great access to the engine area. The "AirFX" deck also does a good job of not clogging up. Personally I find the ride a little rough compared to other manufacturers but a suspension seat helps.
You left Schiller and Textron out of the history. I disagree that Doosan was involved in 2007. There are no green Bob-Cat mowers now, they are all white & black. After a bit of use they look like dirty socks.

There is no mention of Bob-Cat mowers in the Ingersol/Doosan press release.

Last edited: