BOLO - Stolen tractor

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #2  
How often are tractors stolen off of people‘s property?

I don’t leave my keys in the tractor, but I understand they work off the same key. Also, I wonder how often they are recovered. I’d hate to come home and see an empty equipment shed.

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #3  
Earlier this week some tractors and trailers where stolen from Nite Equipment which is dealer just west of Rockford, IL.

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #4  
Most tractors around here are too big to steal - 350 to 500hp. Us with smaller units keep a pretty close eye on them. Never, not even once, heard of a stolen tractor here in EA WA state.

My house is close enough to where the tractor is - I would hear it being started up. Likewise - I would hear the commotion caused by attempting to winch it onto a trailer.

Probably the most important fact. I know of nobody around here who does not live on their property. At least the property where the tractor is stored. No such thing as a non-resident property owner.

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #5  
Several years ago out tractor dealership had several new machines stolen at once. Thieves showed up at night with a float trailer, parked at the side of the highway, loaded up the machines and drove away. Probably wore hard hats and reflective vests.

That's how a lot of construction equipment disappears from work sites in the middle of a day. Be conspicuous and everyone ignores you.

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #6  
My house is close enough to where the tractor is - I would hear it being started up. Likewise - I would hear the commotion caused by attempting to winch it onto a trailer.
Ditto, but all that noise would be muffled by gunfire!