Boomer 24 Surprise

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #1  

President2024

Tractor
Ford 860
Hello everyone.

I'm in the market for a 20-25 HP sub-compact tractor with just a FEL. I've been doing my research and have tested the BX2380, 1025R and CS2510 thus far. I'll get to the other brands in the coming days.

I stopped by the New Holland dealer today to test their Workmaster but they didn't have any left. What he did have and showed me was two 2017 Boomer 24's with FEL. He said NH dropped 8 of them on him to get rid of (he's sold 6). He said he wasn't spending any time or money to make them presentable so there was some peeling stickers and a few rust discoloration on the white rims. Nothing major. Not sure if his story is legitimate or not but whatever. He was selling them for $12700 cash. Full warranty once purchased since these are new tractors with 0 hours. I drove it around. Definitely a solid tractor. Seemed beefy.

What are your guy's thoughts on a) buying a tractor that has been in a lot for 3 years but with full warranty 2) the Boomer compared to the Workmaster equivalent 3) the price?

Thanks for the input.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #2  
He said NH dropped 8 of them on him to get rid of (he's sold 6).
Sounds strange, another dealer go belly up. Flood damage? Are NH popular in your area, if so I can see moving stock to an area where it sells well.
NH is a brand I would trust, price sounds good. If you want 3rd function or 2/3 rear remotes you may get a better overall package bargain. Worst case - fully loaded tractors are more desirable in the used market.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise
Sounds strange, another dealer go belly up. Flood damage? Are NH popular in your area, if so I can see moving stock to an area where it sells well.
NH is a brand I would trust, price sounds good. If you want 3rd function or 2/3 rear remotes you may get a better overall package bargain. Worst case - fully loaded tractors are more desirable in the used market.

It seemed sort of strange for sure. They could have been from a flood area. Seems strange it would take 3 years to sell them unless it took that much time to restore them. I find it hard to believe NH would ruin their reputation by putting these on their lots. R

I'm going to another local NH dealer in the next couple days to try out the Workmaster. I'll run this story by them and see what their (hopefully unbiased) thoughts are.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #4  
What level of naiveté does it that to think dealer B will tell you to go back to dealer A and buy rather than signing a contract here, now?

There is an active thread elsewhere about a leftover Kubota on a dealer lot in Alaska. Plenty of somewhat valid reasons that may make the tractor unattractive to some. You could hear dealer B give any and all of those reasons and he could be construed by many to be unbiased.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise
What level of naiveté does it that to think dealer B will tell you to go back to dealer A [/I]

Haha. Well I wasn't born yesterday. Maybe I'll hear his take and tell him I'm gonna go buy the flood tractor anyways. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll offer me a good deal on Workmaster.

All kidding aside, it just seems unique that NH would drop off eight 3-year old tractors. Perhaps they were sourced from dealers across the country. I don't want to end up with one that's been bathing in some muddy river water... although they did a fine job hiding this fact if so.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #6  
Haha. Well I wasn't born yesterday. Maybe I'll hear his take and tell him I'm gonna go buy the flood tractor anyways. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll offer me a good deal on Workmaster.

All kidding aside, it just seems unique that NH would drop off eight 3-year old tractors. Perhaps they were sourced from dealers across the country. I don't want to end up with one that's been bathing in some muddy river water... although they did a fine job hiding this fact if so.

You can also check LS tractor if you are seriously considering the Workmaster 25s. They are made for NH by LS... same identical tractor as the LS MT125.
A new 2020 MT125 is selling for $12-12,5 K .

/ Boomer 24 Surprise
You can also check LS tractor if you are seriously considering the Workmaster 25s. They are made for NH by LS... same identical tractor as the LS MT125.
A new 2020 MT125 is selling for $12-12,5 K .

The MT125 is on the list to visit. The closest authorized dealer is about 1.5 hours away and I don't think they do service work. Seems like after the warranty is done that I can just have my local NH dealer do the service work but that doesn't help me much for in-warranty repairs (if any).

I'll give them my due diligence though.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #8  
My XJ is the LS cousin to the Boomer 24. Not a bad tractor, but the price doesn't seem that great really. For the grand saved, get what you want.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #9  
I doubt flooded tractors. More likely were on another dealers floorplan that they couldn't pay for so they were taken back.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #10  
I doubt flooded tractors. More likely were on another dealers floorplan that they couldn't pay for so they were taken back.

Back in the late 80's I worked at a motorcycle dealership and we would get semi loads of "repos" to sell. They were new units taken back by the manufacturer from the dealers. We would perform inspections/repairs and sell them with warranties.