boss at work hauling wood

/ boss at work hauling wood #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
We trimmed back a bunch of dead branch's in our yard over the weekend and loaded them onto our 14ft trailer, then shuttled them to the cities compost dump which might be 8 blocks away from our home. Driving an ATV's in town here is not legal here but it being Sunday and a short distance away,, we took the chance. :) The load might have been 1500lb gross but the 6x6 handled it fine.

Attachments

• P1060617.jpg
    P1060617.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 263
  • bossatwork7.jpg
    bossatwork7.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 308
  • bossatwork6.jpg
    bossatwork6.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 320
  • bossatwork4.jpg
    bossatwork4.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 253
  • bossatwork2.jpg
    bossatwork2.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 280
  • bossatwork1.jpg
    bossatwork1.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 261
   / boss at work hauling wood #2  
I thought most anything was legal up in your neighborhood.

B. John

/ boss at work hauling wood #3  
Ehh....if worried about legality (and you're not!) put an orange triangle on the back of it and you're good to go.

"Agricultural" includes forest management too!

/ boss at work hauling wood
Thanks Coby, I suspect that might have made it legal. Nonetheless a drive to a hardware store, would have taken longer, than simply dumping the slash off..... Maybe I should pick one up for us, next time we're there.

Ehh....if worried about legality (and you're not!) put an orange triangle on the back of it and you're good to go.
"Agricultural" includes forest management too!

/ boss at work hauling wood #5  
i would not worry about that in Houghton! haha.

that's a fun 6x6.

/ boss at work hauling wood #6  
Super clean looking Big Boss 6x6 for sure ! :thumbsup:

/ boss at work hauling wood #7  
You mean like this;
warrior smv.jpg
I do have to watch the speed sometimes as it's not legal here over 35 mph :thumbsup:

/ boss at work hauling wood #8  
Wow Lou what a solid built side X side ! What a rops (aka roll bar) ! Holy sheet ! Got more switches on dash than my truck .

/ boss at work hauling wood #9  
Wow Lou what a solid built side X side ! What a rops (aka roll bar) ! Holy sheet ! Got more switches on dash than my truck .

Yea a lot of switches, 2wd or 4wd, front diff lock, rear diff lock, high lo headlights, directionals, 4 way flashers, all steel no plastic, been good so far :thumbsup:

/ boss at work hauling wood
Maybe I should quantify my "street ATV riding is illegal" here. It is legal to drive yours to the ATV trails, but not within the city in general.. Its a city ordinance but I would guess that going to the compost dump with a load of wood, would be overlooked anyway.