Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7305, Kioti CK3510seh TLB
Welp, I can't jinx myself on pickup day, right? right? Pics coming later, once it's on the trailer and hitched to my truck.

I'll update this with lots more info and pics tomorrow, unless everything falls apart at the last minute here. I'm nervous, lol.

bill9068

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5510, Kubota BX25D, Bobcat S130, Bobcat 742.
Good luck, let us know how it turned out.

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
I got it, and got her home smoothly. Somebody pinch me. Full story tomorrow.

I just leveled up, significantly. So rad.

Attachments

• 0B757032-F5B5-4D6D-AAC3-485B3BB5BA50.jpeg
    0B757032-F5B5-4D6D-AAC3-485B3BB5BA50.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 316

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
Sweet! Very nice rig. Congratulations and have fun!

dusty3030

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010 Cab, John Deere 5105, Kubota 7040 HDC
EA Wicked grapple and a Woods Brushbull to boot. Nice setup!

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I got it, and got her home smoothly. Somebody pinch me. Full story tomorrow.

I just leveled up, significantly. So rad.
Nice setup.(y)

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Thanks gents. I think her name might be Clementine. Kinda played out, maybe, but it fits.

She's got 102 hours, probably mostly stored outside, some dents and dings, broken plastic here or there. Fuel gauge doesn't work. Needs new filters, for peace of mind. But that's all the complaining I could possibly do.

Backstory:
I found this package posted on tractor house last week. I don't normally peruse that site for listings.... not sure what got into me. I think I was on the toilet killing some time, lol. Usually there is not much listed that's anywhere local to me anyway. But I saw this post (may likely go down soon) and became entranced:

Looks like it was only listed there, no craigslist, FB marketplace, or forums like this one. Which is probably why I got lucky when I contacted with a somewhat lower offer, accepted their counter offer, and secured dibs.

The story is that the equipment house was listing it on behalf of a friend (seller) who took on the package recently in exchange for money owed to him. To whoever spec'd out and assembled the original package, my condolences on your financial troubles that led you to part ways, must have been tough to see it all go. And a sincere thank you for putting together a serious package with quality equipment; no corners cut here.

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
The Purchase:

So as soon as my equipment loan was ready, I took an afternoon off work (yesterday) to blast west across lower Michigan to pick it up. The seller had brought it down to the yard at RMB equipment, who shares the space with West Michigan Tractor sales. HUGE shoutout to Ron at RMB for facilitating my sale, and helping me load everything up. They even topped off my diesel tank, gave me water bottles, and aired up my trailer tires for me.

ofoyY5T.jpg

They have some giant wheel loaders and excavators there, several million dollars with of inventory. My little tractor was hidden, parked way at the back of the yard.

5dG0tDy.jpg

I was pretty pleased to see a full 15 mpg on the cruise over, not bad for an old LQ4 at 75 mph with the A/C on. Best highway mileage I've gotten yet - I think some of my new crude aeromods are working. (got ~9mpg coming home, expected)

yilXIj9.jpg

I was hoping it would have been unloaded already, but no. Time to get to work.

g3TY9bA.jpg

Last edited:

WADFL

Bronze Member
Tractor
Two classic green machines + Kubota L2501
Looks like you got a solid deal. Enjoy in good health.

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Unfortunately for me, it was 90 degrees under a blazing sun. Way above average for late August. I don't want to complain about an ideal summer day; I guess I'd just rather be on a lake or river for it, lol. I work in an air conditioned cubicle every day.

And I forgot to bring a hat, sunscreen, or even enough water. Dumba$$. I figured they might have a box of freebie hats from caterpillar, kobelco, or something like that. After asking sheepishly, they did not. Oh well! I drove back and got started on hooking up the trailer, just to pull it forward and unload the tractor for a test drive.

FU7m0k2.jpg

The coupler on this load-trail trailer was a new style for me. We forgot to latch it, and it came off the truck as I backed off the trailer! Thankfully I was creeping extra slow, so it just kind of teeter-tottered in the air until we could get the tongue jack back down and re-secure. Could have been bad. I think I will also have to carry some jackstands with me for loading and unloading this setup, because the machine is heavy enough to basically tilt the trailer rear end into the dirt, and lift my truck rear end. Almost dont need the ramps, haha. Anything other than level ground could be dicey.

The good news is that the tractor ran great, the backhoe and grapple worked perfectly, so it was time to start loading up for transport home. This took a while.

ELKT2dj.jpg

Had to swap attachments, get the bucket, forks, and quick hitch into the truck bed. Took the tailwheel assembly off the brush hog, threw that into the bed also. Then lifted the brush hog up onto the front of the trailer, so the tractor loader could set down on top of it. This was a heavy load, but just under max capacity for the trailer (9990 GVW) and my towing capacity (10,500 w/ weight distributing). I was probably close to my GCVWR with the attachments in the truck bed, and all the tools I brought along.

I had never chained a tractor down to a trailer before. Ron kept getting phone calls so I had to just figure it out. I should have brought a clevis along for the rear drawbar, but then I saw how easy it was to take the chain hook end off. And then the chain itself could fit through the biggest hole in the drawbar. Up front, the front axle pivot-bearing housing was really beefy, and had a nice spot for a chain to route through. Got the binders super tight and was feeling good. Threw my collection of 2" ratchet straps over everything else. Then back over to their shop to get the soggy trailer tires back up to 60 psi, sign the invoice, chug some water and head out!

Since I was over in Holland, MI, I met up with some dear friends from the area for dinner at a new hipster taco joint. Taco+Bar – Holland, MI Do recommend. I may or may not have had a margerita.

tAG4YYO.jpg

After dinner it was time for the 2.5 hour cruise home. I was a little nervous setting out. This was about as heavy a load as my truck has pulled, aside from short dump trailer runs for gravel/soil. So I started out around 60-65 mph. It pulled supremely smooth on asphalt, but bouncy on the concrete sections of highway. Whatever idiot thought that laying 20 feet of concrete at a time with bumps and grade changes in between the sections was a good idea for a highway.... I'd like a word.

I was hoping to get home before dark so that my son could help me unload. But alas, the skies darkened and severe thunderstorms materialized all around the state. Somehow, I managed to thread the needle and dodge them all, only driving on some wet pavement. As a bonus I got to chase rainbows and watch the lightning storms to my north.

RasIbA9.jpg

Pulled into a rest stop to pee and check straps. Chains and straps were still super tight!

514LWID.jpg

And finally made it home at 9pm. My son was still up, but fully engrossed with his new 1300 piece lego technics crane set (his 8th birthday was monday). Hopefully he has checked out my new toys by now, who knows. 🤪

Then it started raining again. I figured I might as well scramble to unload while my chains and straps were dry-ish. Clementine snuggled right into her new home.

Fq5jETY.jpg

Last edited:

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Oops that all got super long. I suck at keeping things brief but hopefully at least some of you will enjoy the story. Honestly this whole thing feels like a dream, almost destiny. I somehow find the exact (seriously EXACT) tractor I've been wanting, with the exact setup (backhoe, 3rd function/grapple) that I have dreamed of but likely be too chicken to spring for, with the EXACT trailer I've also been wanting. All for a price thats at least $12k discounted from new/MSRP, after only 100 hours of use. Not to mention after all the covid BS, you can't hardly find these things to buy right now. No waiting or fussing around, I just get it all in one shot? And my wife was somewhat unexpectedly cool with me spending this much? And it was a short road trip away in my own state, where I could get some tasty tacos with a buddy for dinner? And then cruise home with my favorite tunes blasting, looking at rainbows and lightning?

Feeling fortunate here.

Oh and I forgot. After unloading and starting to reconfigure attachments in the RMB yard, Ron came scooting back out in his golf cart with an awesome surprise - they did find a hat for me! Is it weird that I'm almost as stoked for this hat as I was to get the tractor package? I might still have to buy my own Kioti ballcap, but this was a pretty sweet gift.

zelKUAq.jpg

GO BLUE!

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
A couple final tidbits for now:

The Kioti website, and tractor data, all say that the ck3510 ROPS is 99" tall. Why any tractor manufacturer would make their machine just over 8 feet tall, instead of just under, confused me. I have a nearly 9 foot barn door in front of clem there, so no worries, but my main garage doors are 8 footers and I was sad to think I'd never be able to drive through there.

But huzzah! As expected, the kioti specs must be on the tallest R1 tires. And R4s laden with a backhoe come in much lower, just under 91" to top of ROPS.

eaPZEgt.jpg

And then for my grapple. Clearly labeled EA, but I didn't find a part number yet. Is this just the standard wicked 55" model? So like, ~245 lbs weight? Would y'all reccommend better securing the hydraulic hoses? Again, apologies to all the folks waiting 6+months to get their orders filled right now... instant gratification for me lol.

PLO7G2D.jpg

dusty3030

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010 Cab, John Deere 5105, Kubota 7040 HDC
Yes looks like a Wicked 55". I use a cheap bungie cord to hold the hoses up that I connect to the loader tube (cross bar that says Kioti in your pic). The bungie keeps them out of the way but if they get caught it will stretch / break before the hoses so I kind of see it as a fuse.

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Thanks, good tip.

crashz

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Great story and happy to see you got a really impressive set up. All the bells and whistles!

BTW - my trailer has ramps too with braces on them that prevent the equipment from teetering the truck and trailer. If it didn't. I would put small trailer jacks on both sides at the back (removable maybe?) that could serve the purpose. A secondary purpose would allow you to store the trailer with the weight off of the tires. Not my idea, I think I've seen a member here do that.

I foresee a lot of happy days with Clementine!

IndyJay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK4510MS w/Loader, Grapple Prev: Massey 1250
Time for you to move from "Kioti Buying/Pricing" forum to "Kioti Owning/Operating"...

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Yeah i need to figure something out for that. I was thinking I can just bring my own harbor freight 3-ton jack stands along. But some swivel jacks mounted on the trailer itself might be kind of slick. I dont mind if the trailer tail drops a couple inches when unloading, but 5+ inches is alarming and it gets sketchy if the truck rear axle unloads significantly.

Edit: Might grab a pair of these to bolt onto the rear:

Yeah Jay, I wasn't sure which forum to post in... I was buying it, but that only lasted for one day lol.

Moderator: move my thread plz?

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7016H
Was thinking more along the lines of something like these, just use a drill to zip them up/down:

These are nice and easy as well, but you would need to find some with more capacity:

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Oh right, our old popup camper had those telescoping jacks. Before I bother fabricating anything I will probably just try bringing along some simple jack stands. They wont need to be jammed up tight under the trailer frame, just stable enough to catch the trailer as it dips down during unloading.

Only had a couple hours to finish unloading all the attachments last night and try a few things out on the machine.

Even though it wasn't listed in the sale ad, there was a quick hitch sitting there with the pile of attachments. Score! I didn't look closely thought, as Ron tossed it up into my truck bed. Then last night I looked a little closer. QH05 for "sub-compacts"? drat. Has all the standard 3-pt dimensions, but is only rated to 700 lbs. Probably going up for sale soon.

MDjKor6.jpg

Then I hooked up the forks again and looked a little closer. 2100 lbs? Oy, another subcompact attachment. Not that my KL4030 can lift over that much, but it can probably sure curl harder than that.

g2VDCLe.jpg

I think I want 48" long forks, not 42"s, anyway. It was really hard to see the fork tips in front of the tractor. Another implement to buy/sell, oy.

I also need a proper rear scraper blade now. I emailed everything attachments about an 84" deluxe 6-way, and was told they are "guessing 12-14 weeks". That's awful tight to snow season.... might have to get a temporary blade off craigslist or FB market for this winter.

Decisions, decisions....

Took a nice cruise around the woods to clear some trail debris with the grapple. SO convenient.

jvNmkPw.jpg

Finished unloading the truck/trailer, put the standard 66" bucket on and tested out the piranha toothbar. Not amazed.... my old conventional 7-tooth iowa farms bar definitely had more penetrating power in packed soil. Need to experiment some more.

tMBazIq.jpg

Unfortunately I found out that I have the dreaded floppy bucket syndrome. Tons of slop in the curl cylinders, especially when fully dumped - there's like 5" of play in the cylinders. I'll experiment with detaching the quick couplers, and fully cycling all the circuits to see what helps it go away. Probably need to add the flow restrictor (?) to the curl return line though. Advice welcome!

Finally I tucked the trailer into it's new home in the woods. Hope to have a metal carport put up here ASAP to cover all my things (and firewood totes). Now if only someone would return my inquiries and come take my money!

P0BdhDR.jpg

Oh and one piece of good news... I jiggled all the wires and connectors I could find near the fuel tank, and my fuel level gauge came back online! woot.

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
Congrats on the tractor. The freebie hat is the wrong color of blue (for me).

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Haha, my neighbor old-man-Bob, a transplant from KY, says the same thing to me all the time.

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
I'm a Kansas transplant to Kentucky and over time I changed my primary allegiance in sports to blue from purple...but I remain a KC Royals and KC Chiefs fan too.
FWIW, MI and the rest of the Rust Belt are full of hillbillies. Whole towns full in fact.
Welcome to the weird antics of vehicle wires. I saved nearly a thousand bucks on a Lowes lawnmower once because it had a ground wire that was abraded and stopped running at 2 hours and returned as is.
Speaking of wiring, is the battery down under the CK35 like some other Kioti's? I like mine up front and easy to service. They say they went to sealed batteries for that reason but the terminals do still corrode on sealed batteries!

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
The battery is under the air filter right up in front of the radiator. Super convenient; pop the hood latch, a gas strut lifts open the hood, easy access.

Or you can take one 12mm bolt out and the whole (heavy!) steel hood lifts right off, like I did last night. I figured it would be easier to clean the engine bay and detail the hood while it was off (the top of the hood was turning pink..... been only stored outside I figure). I've never been a fan of pinstriping and the left side stripe was kinda jacked up already, so I nipped it short on both sides. I am also trying to resist the urge to yank all the safety stickers off of this rig - Kioti seems to want to remind you that you will be crushed by the machine on every side and possible way. There must be 100 stickers on this tractor, if you include the front loader and backhoe.

vUpfJbE.jpg

UsDYEJs.jpg

If you can't tell already, I'm kinda going OCD on cleaning this tractor up and going over everything on it. At 103 hours, I want it to look and feel new again one more (final) time. Careful scrubbing, Power washing and a wax job are coming next.

IndyJay

Platinum Member
Tractor
...I am also trying to resist the urge to yank all the safety stickers off of this rig - Kioti seems to want to remind you that you will be crushed by the machine on every side and possible way. There must be 100 stickers on this tractor, if you include the front loader and backhoe...
Do be careful getting some of those stickers off though, they may be in a crush zone... :ROFLMAO:

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Like the ones I had to crawl under the front loader and backhoe boom to get to? lol

jigs_n_fixtures

Gold Member
Tractor
TYM T233
When your working in crush zones, block the cylinders. It is pretty tease to make cylinder blocks out of channel cut to length, and some Velcro straps. Just be sure to take the sharp edges off the cuts so you don’t ding the rod on your cylinder.

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
Yes looks like a Wicked 55". I use a cheap bungie cord to hold the hoses up that I connect to the loader tube (cross bar that says Kioti in your pic). The bungie keeps them out of the way but if they get caught it will stretch / break before the hoses so I kind of see it as a fuse.
I am also a bungie user for hose management. They last maybe a couple of years, but cost pennies to replace and work very well.

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Had to get the power washer out yesterday. Didn’t want to blast the engine or electronics too much, but its nice to have her so clean…. Almost new. Almost.

00C171F5-2F9D-4BE5-BC76-7E056CA158D3.jpeg

bill9068

Bronze Member
Tractor
Congratulations, you can find bargains out there if your patient, I found one similar to yours a couple of years ago. Bought a 2019 DK5510 with 50 hours and grapple, bucket and box blade for 21K.

Attachments

• C8E96AF0-9015-4B9B-AAA0-1E0E28FA5B7B.jpeg
    C8E96AF0-9015-4B9B-AAA0-1E0E28FA5B7B.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 52

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Congratulations, you can find bargains out there if your patient, I found one similar to yours a couple of years ago. Bought a 2019 DK5510 with 50 hours and grapple, bucket and box blade for 21K.
Dang, thats a great deal. Congrats, serious machine you have there.

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
Now that we all know what a deal ya got, I'm looking for somebody like you to pass along the savings? Not so easily done lately, I'm afraid. I entertain myself with lots of looking on FB, CL and not so easy to find as prices have risen while supply is often non-existent.

IndyJay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Now that we all know what a deal ya got, I'm looking for somebody like you to pass along the savings? Not so easily done lately, I'm afraid. I entertain myself with lots of looking on FB, CL and not so easy to find as prices have risen while supply is often non-existent.
I can see why @deezler was keeping this one close to his chest until it was consummated. Hey deezler, were there any more where that one come from? What was your second choice? :LOL:

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Lol, nope this was a one-off package. Someone else’s bad fortune, and a disinterested current owner provided me this opportunity. I’m still pretty stunned that i landed it.
Didn’t have a second choice or anything. Was probably gonna buy a ck3510 new, for ~$23k and then have no trailer, backhoe or attachments…

still haven’t gotten to play with her much. On a camping trip now to close out the family summer.

bill9068

Bronze Member
Tractor
Keep at it, took me looking for about a year. I had a New Holland 30 hp but was looking for bigger. Guy who had the one I bought was a fireman who started a business on the side using the tractor but it rained all spring and he got behind in payments.

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Finally got another smidge of seat time yesterday. Decided to toss the grapple back on and go pluck a few boulders from my trail sides. Being able to just snatch 600-800 lbs off the ground is pretty awesome, gotta say.

3s7z99m.jpg

Having SSQA and linked-pedal driving is just so nice. It's still weird not having a clutch, though.

And a couple driveway glamour shots just because this might be as clean as she ever really gets. Still planning to get a coat of wax on. I'm tempted to spray on some tire-shine to complete the "just like new" look but it feels a bit ridiculous, lol.

uIouK1A.jpg

laa3sbR.jpg

Next up is fluids/filters/grease. Lot more zerks on this sucker than my old machine....

Amvcane

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 Kioti CK35hst tlb; 1990 JD 322; 1987 JD 332; 1985 JD 318; 2010 JD ProGator 2030A; 1982 Porsche 911sc
I see a set of backhoe stabilizer pads in your future. I bought a set of Big Foot Pads years ago and am very happy with them. Not sure what they cost now but they weren’t cheap then.
Great looking package and nice to see your excitement with it. Should give you decades of service.
Good Luck.

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Yeah I have thought about probably needing better backhoe pads. Despite finding the Kioti part # of 293061 for the big foot pad kit, I don't see them listed for sale anywhere online. Maybe have to order through a dealer? oy.

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Finally got another smidge of seat time yesterday. Decided to toss the grapple back on and go pluck a few boulders from my trail sides. Being able to just snatch 600-800 lbs off the ground is pretty awesome, gotta say.

3s7z99m.jpg

Having SSQA and linked-pedal driving is just so nice. It's still weird not having a clutch, though.

And a couple driveway glamour shots just because this might be as clean as she ever really gets. Still planning to get a coat of wax on. I'm tempted to spray on some tire-shine to complete the "just like new" look but it feels a bit ridiculous, lol.

uIouK1A.jpg

laa3sbR.jpg

Next up is fluids/filters/grease. Lot more zerks on this sucker than my old machine....

Super Glue works to repair those flashers ;) Just a plastic frame in there.

You can also mount them on the fenders to get them out of the way. Should be holes already in the fenders for them. Then you can use the mounting points on the ROPs for work lights.

IndyJay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Super Glue works to repair those flashers ;) Just a plastic frame in there.

You can also mount them on the fenders to get them out of the way. Should be holes already in the fenders for them. Then you can use the mounting points on the ROPs for work lights.
Just make sure the work lights can be super glued too! I broke one of my flashers before my first oil change, LOL.
You are right, they are easy to glue back together.

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Just make sure the work lights can be super glued too! I broke one of my flashers before my first oil change, LOL.
You are right, they are easy to glue back together.
Broke one on the 2nd trip out :) They really are in the worse place. The LED work lights are cast metal, so should last at least 4 trips 🤣 🤣

IndyJay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Broke one on the 2nd trip out :) They really are in the worse place. The LED work lights are cast metal, so should last at least 4 trips 🤣 🤣
I don't know why they don't face them toward the inside of the ROPS.
They would be just as visible but less vulnerable.

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor

IndyJay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Dealer said the exact same thing :)

I was thinking of using some LED side markers and mounting to each side of the rops so as to maintain the viability. Need to work up a way to mount them though.

Also have strobe versions, but then need to by-pass the flasher.
I like those. Maybe epoxy three on each side of the ROPS; rearward, outward, forward.
Hard to snag something with one of those. I can't figure out the wiring though. :unsure:

1630690504740.png

Last edited:

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Haha yeah I keep forgetting about the busted flashers. Somehow I just don't see them. I think I will give the ROPS setup a full overhaul anyway. Probably flip the toolbox around to the inside, flashers to the inside, and add LED work lights at the top (under the top bar of course).

bill9068

Bronze Member
Tractor
Can you remove the backhoe for 3-point hookup?

OP
deezler

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Yeah, actually you can leave the whole 3-pt in place while the backhoe is attached! Everything for the 3-pt is still on it now, as I received it. My goal is to prioritize all my digging projects now before i take the backhoe off for winter and use the 3-pt daily instead. Still searching for a 7-foot grader/scraper blade.

Well my obsessive compulsion held firm and i stayed up late waxing most of the painted surfaces on the tractor last night. As clean as she’s gonna get!

Then my son and i took turns digging around a walnut tree that was in the way of the rear side of my cheap tent shed. I don’t have enough covered storage!

Jchonline

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, X1100C, M62(S)
Congrats!

Those pallet forks are Land Pride, I recognize the label.

Also on the ROPS height I honestly think they design the tractor first, then figure out how high ROPS needs to be to protect the operator on a rollover. You get whatever that measurement is, garages be damned!