Bought a new deere 26g

/ Bought a new deere 26g #1  

sparker133

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Deere 4320 cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, 2021 Deere 1023e, Vermeer trencher, 2022 Deere 26g
Just bought a new Deere 26g open station

Looked around at used machines not only of Deere but quite a few others. Everything I found such high price for what they where or where junk. I am sure as many of you know. Stopped in at my Deere dealership and they had this one on the showroom floor. Started talking with a salesman and he gave me a fairly high price. The dealership has locations and decided to call my normal salesman at a different location. His price came back over $6,000 cheaper. After finalizing the numbers I told him I would take it.

I had been talking with him about the same model but with a cab and he gave me a price but he couldn't order one from john deere. They had put a hold on all orders. He did tell me about the open cab model they had but I really thought I wanted a cab. After thinking about it I couldn't justify the extra cost at this time. I don't disagree that would be great to have a cab but for as much I would be using the machine was it really worth it. Also due to not having many or no new machines out there to buy I figured if I wanted one I better do it now. Once the weather starts warming up around here I am sure there will be plenty more looking to buy one.

I will post pictures once it gets here. Now need the snow to go away so I can use it lol

Last edited:
   / Bought a new deere 26g #2  
Congrats. Which model are you getting? Pics when you get it... we love pics.

/ Bought a new deere 26g #3  
Very nice. Congratulations on finding what you wanted - and the better price. Isn't it amazing when looking at used tractors what a piece of junk can cost. I looked at used for a year and half. Never saw so much junk for $15000-$16000.

/ Bought a new deere 26g
agreed the dealership I was at just before I looked at the Deere I bought had a 2017 Kubota u17 with 1400 hours and 2 buckets for $25,500. It was not in great shape, seat was cracked, tracks didnt have much life left in them and was pretty scraped up.

/ Bought a new deere 26g #5  
Sounds like a great 3ton machine, if I'm correct at 25hp it has no dpf Regen etc. Plus its big enough with aux hydros and weight you can run a variety of attachments. I was impressed with Deere's attachment system it uses a wedge system with minimal torque on the bolts? I don't think you'd need a powered qa. Does it have a thumb?

/ Bought a new deere 26g #6  
Cool, those Hitachi's are good machines! Load up some pictures when you get a chance.

/ Bought a new deere 26g
Yes no regen system, and has a aux pump flow of 8 gpm I believe. Strong enough to use a bigger post hole digger. Didn't want to get a much bigger machine we have to get into small spaces sometimes but wanted something big enough to be useful.

Have not had a chance to really mess with the wedge system. From what I am understanding it is easy to use. Yes it has a thumb wouldn't have bought one without it.

Plan on getting a 36 inch ditch bucket, 9 inch bucket and root rake yet.

/ Bought a new deere 26g #8  
agreed the dealership I was at just before I looked at the Deere I bought had a 2017 Kubota u17 with 1400 hours and 2 buckets for $25,500. It was not in great shape, seat was cracked, tracks didnt have much life left in them and was pretty scraped up.
Makes me feel like I was there. I bought my tractor in the summer of 2017 new. I was looking for a 50hp tractor. One dealer had a New Holland Boomer 50hp. Advertised it with a picture. The picture looked almost new. It was a 2007 - 10 years old. I went to look at it. It had cracked up tires, all 4, faded paint (looked like it was in the sun everyday of its life), I stepped up and sat down. Stepped down on the clutch to see how that felt, The spring popped off and hit the pavement and roll for about 8 feet. Didn't know whether to chase the spring or go to the car. Price was $15000. All I was thinking - 4 tires, $3500, bad clutch - split the tractor----Quick, get out of here.

/ Bought a new deere 26g #9  
Auxiliary flow is listed at 12.2 gpm should be able to run a small rotary cutter or flail if need be with a cab guard. For some reason I thought Wacker Neuson made Deere's minis up to 17 tons or so. Doesn't really matter with all the John Deere dealers and support though.

/ Bought a new deere 26g
Auxiliary flow is listed at 12.2 gpm should be able to run a small rotary cutter or flail if need be with a cab guard. For some reason I thought Wacker Neuson made Deere's minis up to 17 tons or so. Doesn't really matter with all the John Deere dealers and support though.
you are correct I think i glanced at the 17g spec instead of the 26g