Bought a Simplicity Citation XT Today

/ Bought a Simplicity Citation XT Today #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
I was set on buying a Kubota Z422 with the 54” deck, but really liked the serviceable items on the Simplicity sitting beside it.
Well, long story short, I went to drive both the Z422 and a Simplicity to lay to rest my concerns about which would be better on my bumpy yard. There, arriving just before me, was a used Simplicity Citation XT with a 61” deck with a whopping 78 hours on it. It looked new, so I passed it by knowing it was more money that the Kubota.
After talking to my salesman, he heave me the rundown. I drove both. Frankly, the Kubota air-ride seat was phenomenal, but the ride itself was horrible next to the fully suspended Simplicity. For 1/2 price of the new Kubota, it was a no brainer. Now a week later, it’s in my barn. I mowed today… in 1/2 the time. Better cut than my BX. I love it. Still, for the deal I got, I could sell it for more and go get the X422 if I have to. This is my first ZT. Why didn’t I do it sooner?
Now, I think I’ll dump my BX with every toy it has, and look for just a tractor without mower.

/ Bought a Simplicity Citation XT Today #2  
I keep saying on this forum how much better the ride is on a full suspension system like Ferris and Simplicity have. My Simplicity Citation XL with the 61" deck rides unbelievably.

Glad to have you join "the club" of good riding mowers. It really is better.

/ Bought a Simplicity Citation XT Today #3  
Just so happens that I'm looking for a bx for mowing. Could you post the details and your rough location...I know it's a long shot, but you never know.