Bought a Z-Force 44"..

/ Bought a Z-Force 44"..
Bill, yes you sure can adjust the deck height on the fly by pressing the pedal with your foot. If you wanted to lock it in to that particular setting, it's a matter or removing and replacing a pin. You'd have to let go of the lap bars that being the case. I did find the cause of my excessive deck 'hop'. The rear striper/roller system on the deck was set way too low from the factory. Even at a 3.25" cut height, the roller would ride the ground. My terrain not being the smoothest threw that deck in constant motion which I HATED. Removing and replacing the rear roller brackets into the next (and only) hole up, almost completely eliminated this. The deck is built like a tank, but I wouldn't trust the deck suspension long-term by allowing the deck to ride the ground. Here's the rear roller in stock position (disregard the arrows and such).

002-3.jpg

/ Bought a Z-Force 44".. #22  
Thanks Joel. Another question about the ride as you mention you have some bumpy terrain. I also have rough ground (3 to 4 acres), which seems to get worse as the summer goes on. Do you find the ride on z-force bumpier than you CC 2544 tractor? I read another post from "MooreSites" about lowering the tire pressure plus putting tubes in the front tires. Have you tried this or what is your thoughts?
Bill.

/ Bought a Z-Force 44"..
The ride is about the same between my 2544 and Z-Force. Both harsh over bumpy ground. You've got to go slow. Both the 2500's and a ZTR are short between the front & rear axle (distance wise) so that doesn't help matters. I definitely did have to air down the rear tires on the Z-Force. They were pumped up to 30psig when they should be around 8psig. You feel the bumps more in your feet/legs on the Z-Force than at your butt. I think that's due to the position of the seat and the fact the seat is really supportive and suspended well with the gel pucks. The deck banging around and locking itself in the upright position was unbearable on the Z-Force with the rear deck rollers set the way they were. Poorly thought out design there. If you want it to drag like a Simplicity deck, you need space under there for the deck to move and the appropriate deck suspension.. The deck hanger and all the hardware looks and feels very heavy-duty, it just doesn't offer enough travel over rough ground to have it ride the ground.

Joel