rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
You know how this goes...

"I am completely Color Blind when it comes to brand loyalty..."

or

"Never mind him, he bleeds Green (Orange, Blue, Yellow)..."

Is it a Virtue to be Brand Blind, and a Vice to be Brand Loyal?

To be honest, I tend to be pretty brand loyal. Not to the point where I will settle for what doesn't work when a far better solution exists. But I do try and give the first shot to what works already. And, long ago, I found that I was better off being a somebody to somebody rather than a nobody to everybody. Yet, for some reason, I tend to think those who are completely Brand Blind are an even higher level sort of person than I am.

Lately, I have noticed some problems with their line of reason...

As soon as they have trouble the only solution is to get another brand, never mind learning the quirks and advantages of what they have.

Plastic hoods can crack... Metal Hoods can rust...

One Hydro Pedal Has advantages... Two Hydro Pedals have advantages...

Green gets Lost in a field... Red fades in the sun...

A certain amount of Brand Disloyalty can be a Virtue. A certain amount of brand Loyalty is, too.

rico304

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4300 w/ FEL
Nicely said Mike. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Hope some people read this your post. (at least twice) haha
We could all take something from it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob_Skurka

Mike, I've often professed to being color blind with tractors. But I will admit to being pretty loyal to the dealerships. So when you wrote<font color="green"> I found that I was better off being a somebody to somebody rather than a nobody to everybody </font> I think you made a really good point. I want my dealers to give me good service and good pricing, but I also want them to understand that they have to remain competitive to RETAIN my loyalty.

I've documented my New Holland purchase several times here on TBN as going to the Kubota store and then to the Deere stores first and the NH store only after the Kubota guy shot me a HIGHER THAN THE STRATOSPHERE price, the local Deere guy wouldn't give me the time of day and the NH guy responded so quickly I thought I would get whiplash. The silly thing is the Kubota guy SHOULD have sold me the tractor, but my relationship at that store is with the owner, he was on vacation, the sales guy screwed around and lost the sale. The owner and I still do business, he's sold me 2 or 3 small tractors since then, but he & I both learned that I should only do business with HIM.

Now I love my NH and would consider a larger unit should the need arise in the future. They are very responsive to me, but "my guy" at the NH store is going to retire this year. Hmmm, what will happen then?

I'm very open to ANY brand, but I'm not going to push ANY brand until I hear what the task list is. And when I buy tractors I make up my own task list, which is subject to modification, and I search for the MOST SUITABLE machine for the tasks. Again, all that was well documented in my search for the BEST garden tractor on the planet. I was sure I knew what I wanted, but ended up with a brand I never knew existed and could not be more thrilled with the purchase.

What I won't do, and what I have seen played out time and time again here on TBN is the silly post that reads something like "buy my brand, it costs less and is just as good and you get more blah blah blah" Heck it MIGHT be the ideal tractor if it suits the tasks (apprpriate weight or lack of weight as required by the tasks, power at the engine & the PTO, features, physical size, proximity to the dealer, etc) Then again it could simply be a brand loyal post that is meaningless and actually adds nothing to the content of TBN.

nasdaqsam

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
Well said,

Just went through it myself. I was a tried and true Deere fan. No changing my mind.

Seeking advice, I came to TBN and now I have a Kubota. Not because anybody talked me into or told me it was the best but because I found that I needed to open my horizons and see what works for me and my intended use at the time.

What works for me, may or may not work for you or anybody else. It's a personal thing. I took some ribbing from some friends when I went orange but I could not be happier with the tractor and now that they have seen it in action I think their a little jealous now. I Loved my Deeres also, I beat the living snot out of them and used them far beyond their capabilities and they never let me down, I took good care of them also. I've had the Kubota for just a short time but have already logged 47 hours. 9 of which was this past Sunday non-stop full out and it never missed a beat. If and when I need another one I will not hesitate to look at ALL the tractors out there.

Bottom line, not many out there are just plain junk anymore. They all have raised the bar and we are all winners for it. Buy what you like, share your information, be polite and most of all enjoy your tractor no matter what anybody else says.

Just some random thoughts on a good subject.

Donnyj

Platinum Member
Tractor
Looking
Bottom line, not many out there are just plain junk anymore. They all have raised the bar and we are all winners for it. Buy what you like, share your information, be polite and most of all enjoy your tractor no matter what anybody else says.
Excellent advice. I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head in my opinion. Great job!!

OP
rockyridgefarm

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bottom line, not many out there are just plain junk anymore )</font>

No, but they ARE different! They aren't all the same, just different colors... What fits one, might not work at all for another.

Bob_Skurka

<font color="blue">( Bottom line, not many out there are just plain junk anymore )</font>
<font color="green">
No, but they ARE different! They aren't all the same... What fits one, might not work at all for another.
</font>

<font color="black">
Mike, that has been my point, and the point of many other people with far more experience than I have. They ARE DIFFERENT and those DIFFERENCES make them suited for different uses, different people and different properties. But unfortunately, some people get so hung up on the brand they own that they can't get past the fact that another machine or another brand will be better suited for a different set of conditions and tasks. Not one is perfect for all. You are pretty much a guy who bleeds green (and I say that as a compliment because you know and trust what works for you and are very well versed in the brand, not just in your particular model but in many sizes), but you were very eager to help your freind buy a Kubota recently because after looking at his needs you saw the "B" class tractors as the best fit for him.

It is no secret that I just about quit TBN, and that several other have in fact quit, and it is no secret that much of the grief has been caused by brand blind zealotry that has little-to-no basis in fact when people who just bought their first modern tractor, or worse yet their very first tractor, and have a couple months of seat time shout down people who grew up on farms and have more seat time by the time they are able to legally drive on a road than "hobby estate" owners like myself will ever accumulate in a lifetime. I still learn more every day and I still consider myself a newbie and I've owned my land for 15+ years.

</font>

Cityboyfarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200D; JD 5205 MFWD w/522 Loader
I love tractors! If I had the money or won the lottery I'd have at least five of 'em, all different brands. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif That would save time changing implements. What a concept /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif one tractor for each attachment /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Woohoo!

Now, seriously, I really like my 5205 because it suits me and what I want to do with it. It doesn't have every single feature I'd like but it fit my needs, wants and budget for now. I also like my smooth running little Kubota. I don't like to hear folks dogging someones elses tractor out at all. That's childish. It's OK to be brand loyal if you choose to be, just don't try to make others feel stupid because they bought the other color. That other color is cool too and probably has some features that out perform yours for what its owner bought it to do.

Like I said, I love tractors! I've got an orange one and a green one, now I need a blue one, a red one and a........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gues I'm just a multi-tractor-cultured kinda guy!

Its a colorful tractoring world out there, have fun with it!

Bob_Skurka

<font color="green"> What a concept one tractor for each attachment Woohoo!
</font>

Why else would I have 4 different brands that I use? It makes task changes as easy as moving to a different seat!!!

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is it a Virtue to be Brand Blind, and a Vice to be Brand Loyal?

To be honest, I tend to be pretty brand loyal. Not to the point where I will settle for what doesn't )</font>

I agree. I tend to favor my existing tractors manufacturer / dealer when i look for new/more equipment... though i do look at all colors looking for best options at best price/dealer service.. etc.

soundguy

crown

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7500
Very nice post!!!!

Fact of the matter is there is not a best for every situation and everybody tractor out there today. Every tractor has its own specific strengths and weaknesses, and yes we all tend to be a little bias to the brand we bought, but that is no reason to bash someone for choosing another color or brand.

There is a rainbow of color choice out there today one I'm sure that will make everybody happy!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DmansPadge

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master
I think it all depends on what you've had and how it treated you. I'm partial to orange. Of course, my B Kubota is the only "tractor" I've owned. But it has performed flawlessly and is a lot more tractor than I ever thought it would be.

If only I had the money that Bob Skurka had! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would own orange, green, blue, yellow, hot pink, lime green, camo, silver, black... etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cliff_Johns

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4110
I think a lot of people, especially first time tractor owners, are so completely surprised and pleased with their tractors and the quality and power of them, that it's really a bit hard for them to believe that most tractor owners of most brands are just as happy -- and it's especially hard for them to believe that their experience might be even better and that's OK.

I view this as a good thing. I've never run across a bunch of people so generally happy with their purchases. It's natural to want others to share in their happiness. This is one of the reasons TBN is so kool.

Every once in a while the enthusiasm goes a bit overboard, but TBN has proven itself to be self-correcting, I think.

I think if we did a survey on how many people think they purchased the right tractor, the percentage would be very high. How kool is that!

Cliff

Cityboyfarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200D; JD 5205 MFWD w/522 Loader
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I view this as a good thing. I've never run across a bunch of people so generally happy with their purchases. It's natural to want others to share in their happiness. This is one of the reasons TBN is so kool.

Every once in a while the enthusiasm goes a bit overboard, but TBN has proven itself to be self-correcting, I think.

I think if we did a survey on how many people think they purchased the right tractor, the percentage would be very high. How kool is that!

Cliff

)</font>

Spot on Cliff! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

billbill1

Veteran Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 1533 Shuttle AgKing 2840 shuttle shift
That's why Bob Skurka wears those Hawaiian shirts, that way he matches any color of tractor!!!

RedRocker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST, dual remotes, FEL.
I didn't even consider any other brand beyond NH, Kubota or Deere in my search. I never even looked at "other" threads . My problem is the tractors I wanted were a bit out of my reach financially. You can blame Jinman for sending me toward the "lower" tier /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif tractors. I looked at a few and really liked the CK30. If money were no object, I'd be happy to do the different color for every implement system. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MarkV

Tractor
1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39
Mike I am glad you started this thread. I am one of the guys that have been on the forum for a long time. Over the years I have seen many active members who contributed a great deal of knowledge stop posting because of all the color wars. Some I am still in touch with and they monitor the forum but rarely if ever post any longer. Even some of the most active members at one time, who became moderators, don’t post anymore. I guess they still moderate because that is done so well on this forum. It is a shame that so many new members don’t have the advantage of their knowledge.

The color war posts that really drive me crazy are the ones that go like this; in XXX brands forum, "?", Compare model 111 to model 222, first couple of replies, “Buy YYY brand instead because…………..I drove XXX brand for 2 minutes at the dealer and now have 6 hours on my YYY brand and it is better!!!

Often makes me think that YYY brand is still trying to convince them selves they made the right purchase. Why else would you post in another brand forum, make a reply that has nothing to do with the question and also show you don’t have enough experience to make an objective comparison.

I remember how exciting it was to get my first tractor. I remember how it exceeded my expectations. I remember wanting to tell everyone. That is fine. Just don’t tell me that because I bought XXX brand instead of YYY brand I made a mistake. That’s ignorant.

MarkV

gmsssi

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45s
Previous flawless B9200 Kubota owner and now a Kioti owner...I'm loyal to orange!

Seriously, when I was shopping there was no brand affection. I'd had my Kubota for 8 years and didn't search or need another tractor until recently. I was open to any color. All the tractors I looked at came highly recommended.

After doing my research (alot on TBN) my order of desire was Mahindra, FarmTrac, Kubota, Kioti then JD. My requirements in order were size (35-45HP), comfort (BIG MAN needs room), tractor weight, features and price. Quite frankly, I was not worried about service (break downs) on any. I was convinced that no matter what I bought and it needed service, it would be small or I just got unlucky. All the manufacturers appeared reputable from this forum.

Can anybody really not recommend a brand (aside from a one time bad experience)? Sure you hear isolated problems on a model part or design flaw but they almost always get addressed.

If I was 5'8" and 150 lbs. I'd probably still be trying to decide between the Mahindra and FarmTrac, I ain't. I ended up with a Kioti based on my base needs and price. The next time I upgrade, I'll go through the whole search again.

Hmmm...a blue tractor would look good beside my orange one.

Indydirtfarmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2440/4440/4020/4955
I've been described by some as being "Militant Green".....

It's also been said I'm the cheapest guy you'll ever meet. Hmmmmmmmmmm! How can THOSE two "forces" mutually co-exsist?

I operate in three seperate business areas that all three require heavy use of tractors, "outdoor power equipment", and implements. I've become very accustom to Deere products, their dealer network, and their ability to cater to my needs. For those reasons, my barn is FULL of green and yellow.

It's also got a goodly number of "Red and Yellow" (New Holland hay equipment) Yellow (Vermeer baler) Red and white (International Harvester disc) Cat Yellow (King Kutter) Orange (Howard Rotovator) and the list goes on and on.........

I'm LOYAL to a brand, I'm EXTREMELY LOYAL to myself. I don't buy anything EXCLUSIVELY based on color. I buy what seems like the best buy, or best product, or just what makes the best sense for me at the time.

But just don't insult my GREEN and YELLOW....'cause I gotta "jack you up" if you do.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BadDog

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
Great discussion.

Caveat Emptor: "Let the buyer beware" applies to everything, regardless of it's color. Do your homework and buy what you need. TBN is an unbelievably good resource for helping with this.

You never buy a tractor. You buy a relationship. Assuming your tractor is capable of doing what you need, the dealer is ultimately more important than the tractor.

Regardless of the color or features, you're going to need the support of your dealer for a very long time, unless you plan on the expense of changing brands regularly.

I thought I was happy. Then I bought a tractor and found out what true happiness is.

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
As you may have guessed, I have an opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'd been pretty darn loyal to JD and NH until I decided that I wanted a cab with A/C and about 50 hp. I'll skip the process, but my only logical choice was Kubota. Besides, Kubota seemed to be the "Toyota" or "Honda" of tractors...

As things go, I got a Kubota that hasn't exactly lived up to their standards as I understand them. My biggest issue is the year and a half that I've been fighting Kubota on the two pieces of equipment I bought new from them. I honestly think that waiting a year and a half before starting to come unglued shouldn't rank me as impatient.

My "loyalty" is now being shaken due to Kubota's obvious reluctance to take care of their customers. I could fill two pages of this board detailing what all I've done to try to get satisfaction from Kubota. When I have an obvious problem, verified by the fact that numerous members on this board do not have the same problems I have, and Kubota tells me that it "is the nature of the beast", I feel obligated to tell others of the problem with the manufacturer's customer support.

Sure I had a problem or two with the JD tractors I've owned, and even had a problem with the NH tractor I bought. However, those problems were immediately addressed and that was the end of the story. There wasn't a year and a half battle; not even a day and a half battle! When my tractor broke, they came and got it, fixed it, and brought it back. Not even once did I ever get the reply of "it's the nature of the beast", or some other crap.

I'm not very PC, and at times am rather blunt. As you can tell by my year and a half wait with Kubota, I honestly don't think I have been impatient, or that I got upset right away. My issue seems to be more with the manufacturer than the dealership from what I can see. If the manufacturer won't authorize the replacement of a part under warranty, I can see where the dealer would have to follow the "patch" instructions from the manufacturer. I was at first really upset with the dealer thinking that he wouldn't do the work. That is when I started the most difficult process of actually getting a hold of the factory representatives direct. It seems that they want to tell me that they don't want to just go "replacing parts until they find what is wrong". Fine, except in the mean time, what am I, the consumer, supposed to do?! They made it. It would seem to me that they should know how to fix it. These facts make me rather brand disloyal.

I also do make it a point to speak up about something that has performed well for me if asked. I try to think of myself as "equal opportunity" on giving praise or complaining. What I have no use for is people who are so brand loyal that they will go to extremes to hide a known problem, or will attack another person who has their same brand but is complaining about a problem. I don't care if it is a crate Jinma or a top of the line JD, if it does not perform as advertised, I think the owner has a right to tell it like it is. If it makes the manufacturer look bad, so be it. How else are we, the consumers, going to get the attention of the manufacturers and hold them to manufacturing tractors that live up to what they are advertised to do?

As I said, I'm not going to be politically correct on tractors as to not hurt someone's feelings, or hide facts, when I am not getting cooperation on fixing my tractor from the manufacturer. If I feel that I'd have to go through the same year and a half to get something fixed from the manufacturer again, would I jump ship? You bet! Would I tell others why I jumped ship? You bet; along with all of the documentation as to why. I think that if enough people change brands because the manufacturer is not responsive to repairing their tractors, perhaps that manufacturer will re-think their strategy of brushing their problem units under the rug.

If I'm told that a single pedal hydro controller is "normal" when average bumps in the lawn causes a very sensitive pedal to not only shift from propelling the tractor foreward, but actually rocks enough to hit reverse when hitting the bumps, yes, I'll say that that design is crap. I certainly don't think that would be normal, but the manufacturer has now told me that it is. So, by taking them at their word, yes, it's junk and I'll certainly change brands over such an issue if they can't make it where it can be used as advertised.

I really don't care about the color of a tractor. I care about how the tractor will serve me and be dependable and reliable for a respectable amount of time. I also care whether a manufacturer wants to sweep a problem tractor under the rug, or wants to address the problems with that tractor. I don't believe anyone reading this thinks that any tractor company is immune from an occasional "bad" tractor getting out of the plant. However, at what point does the manufacturer bite the bullet and change the transmission, or whatever the problem may be, rather than acting like the problem doesn't exist? To me, the decision on such an issue separates a "good" tractor company from a "bad" one.

JerryG

Tractor
MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle
<font color="blue">I've become very accustom to Deere products, their dealer network, and their ability to cater to my needs </font>
That touches on a point that seems to draw a lot of us back to a certain brand. After dealing with a certain brand for a long time, we get use to what and who we need to speak with or which locations has what we need to get things that we need. Familiarity is a strong driving force. If they don't do something that gives use a really bad taste, we tend to go back to what we are familiar with.

bczoom

Veteran Member
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As you may have guessed, I have an opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Are you sure? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Like any other "big ticket" item I buy, I won't start with any blinders. Whether it's a car, truck, tractor, ATV, UTV... I'll start with a brand/model I "think" meets my needs based on any analysis I've done.
From there, I'll shop others. If in that shopping, I find something that is better suited, it gets moved up the list. If not, my first choice remains on top. When all is said and done, what's best for me may be what's on top or if it's close, the top 2 or 3 will get re-hashed.

When all is said and done, I would say I don't have "brand loyalty". I just did a quick count and found that the things I have that you ride in/on, 10 different manufacturers are represented. Only 2 of them have a multiple presence.

Brian

fjblair

Tractor
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I love tractors! If I had the money or won the lottery I'd have at least five of 'em, all different brands. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif That would save time changing implements. What a concept /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif one tractor for each attachment /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Woohoo!

One of my friends knows a guy who actually owns 3 tractors(bought at the same time) with an implement for each. This is a true story. He also built a 3 stall tractor barn.

It is a sick story but I had to share it.

FB
<font color="black"> </font>

Bob_Skurka

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think it all depends on what you've had and how it treated you. I'm partial to orange. Of course, my B Kubota is the only "tractor" I've owned. But it has performed flawlessly and is a lot more tractor than I ever thought it would be.

If only I had the money that Bob Skurka had! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would own orange, green, blue, yellow, hot pink, lime green, camo, silver, black... etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Hot Pink?
Camo?
Lime Green?

I don't have those . . . yet! But the lovely Mrs_Bob has 2 more trips out of town scheduled for this fall so we shall see what arrives while she is gone /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fjblair

Tractor
<<If I'm told that a single pedal hydro controller is "normal" when average bumps in the lawn causes a very sensitive pedal to not only shift from propelling the tractor foreward, but actually rocks enough to hit reverse when hitting the bumps, yes, I'll say that that design is crap.>>

Is this a problem with all HST Kubotas?

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
Exactly; my point!

Bob_Skurka

Perhaps that explians why your undies are all in a bunch on the other thread?

Dargo

Tractor
Me?! Now I'm hurt. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rico304

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4300 w/ FEL
hahahahahahaha. I'm staying out of this one /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
(just as I thought TBN was taking a more "can't we all get along" approach.) haha /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dargo

Tractor
Well, not that it really matters to anybody, but Kubota did come steal my tractor from my barn this morning as planned. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Maybe, just maybe, I'll find that super jerky hydro pedals are not standard features on Kubota tractors. Any bets?! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif C'mon Bob, you've done everything from making me snort coffee through my nose with your responses to now making the condition of my panties known nationwide. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif What's your bet?

** I even changed my little picture to look like I've asked a question and am just dying to hear the reply! Or, am I just just wanting the left over hamburger that is just out of the picture?! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've been described by some as being "Militant Green.........It's also been said I'm the cheapest guy you'll ever meet. Hmmmmmmmmmm! How can THOSE two "forces" mutually co-exsist?
)</font>

So.. you're into Montana tractors huh? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy

GeneD14

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Allis Chalmers D17 series IV and an Allis 170, Kubota ZG-23 Mower, Kubota ZD 1211, Kawasaki Mule 610, 2 Stihl 361's and a Stihl 660 Ported and tuned
I have a hydro L4330 with the same type of hydro pedal as the L5030. If I position my foot on the entire rocker pedal and go over rough ground it is hard to control. I've gotten used to resting my heel on the floor mat to steady my foot and just depressing the pedal with my toes while going forward. To reverse I slide my heel upto the pedal an rest my toes on the mat to steady my foot. That is the only way I've found to have a smooth ride.

OP
rockyridgefarm

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Montana Tractors? Oh yeah, Korean made tractors imported by chicken ranchers based in Arkansas...

BillyP

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4610 ehydro MFWD
JerryG might have a few words to say about this /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dargo

Tractor
Thanks Gene. I just got off of the phone with my Kubota dealer. Apparently they found some of the pressures related to the hydro control were "significantly" off. Hmm, go figure! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Anyway, it's supposed to be back here in an hour or so. It's a good thing too. I need to mow and the heat index here is current 112 degrees! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The only way I could possibly come close to controlling it was with my heel on the floor. Otherwise, I really was getting reverse. The dealer found that out today when he tried to drive it with his foot on the pedal. They tell me that it is all better. Hopefully I'll see soon!

JerryG

Tractor
MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle
None of guys that are with Montana know anything about chickens. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BobRip

Elite Member
Tractor
2000 Power Trac 422
I have only owned a couple of tractors, but what I have found is that the sales guy who sold me the first tractor has changed to a new brand (or new dealership) between my purchases and now bad mouths the tractor he sold me to the guy who bought from me. If the salesman is not loyal to his brand, then why should I be. You are seeing your sales guy or owner retire, and it is that relationship which you are loyal to and which benefits you. It's a changing world and you have to judge a tractor more by needs and quality today than yesterday.

Bob Rip

MikePA

Super Star Member
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
<font color="blue">the sales guy who sold me the first tractor has changed to a new brand (or new dealership) between my purchases and now bad mouths the tractor he sold me to the guy who bought from me. </font>
All this proves is your salesman has no ethics.

<font color="blue"> If the salesman is not loyal to his brand, then why should I be. </font>
I don't let the behavior of my salesman determine my behavior.

If my current brand performs well and I receive good service from the dealer, I'd buy another one.

If the brand doesn't perform well, but the dealer handles the problems and service well, I'd consider buying the brand again.

If the brand is bad and so is the dealer, both are off my list.

gmsssi

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45s
Man if your tractor gets fixed we'll lose 30% of the TBN post, it'll get boring!

Just kidding, I really hope all goes well. Jee, what's Skurka gonna do when it's fixed?

Indydirtfarmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2440/4440/4020/4955
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I've been described by some as being "Militant Green.........It's also been said I'm the cheapest guy you'll ever meet. Hmmmmmmmmmm! How can THOSE two "forces" mutually co-exsist?
)</font>

So.. you're into Montana tractors huh? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy )</font>

Them thar's fightin' words............... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dargo

Tractor
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Man if your tractor gets fixed we'll lose 30% of the TBN post, it'll get boring!

Just kidding, I really hope all goes well. Jee, what's Skurka gonna do when it's fixed? )</font>

Good gosh man. I'm almost afraid to say it, but once they finally replaced the guilty parts, and it seems like I have a brand new tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Amazing! Don't worry though, I can still complain about it taking so long to actually fix what was wrong from day 1. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif