Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #111  
Labor is in real short supply, no one wants to work today.
I beieve that is true on unskilled jobs, but a tractor tech making 75k-100k ain’t gonna stay home. And that’s what the OPs dealer has working on his tractor

Last edited:
   / Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #112  
You've obviously got a very limited supply chain, or you're just blowing smoke.
On the selling side Im in a supply chain of farmers selling to several mushroom companies. They never stopped buying hay from me to grow mushrooms and a network of feed hay buyers who buy hay for beef cattle and some horse owners.
On the buying side, I buy parts and services from 5 different dealerships. So far not one has let me down on a back ordered part, assembly or repair service.
In my world, Covid hasn’t slowed anything down.
People gotta eat, even if there’s a pandemic. I worked, very sick with Covid. Many of the people in my “supply chain” also worked while quite ill.

Last edited:
   / Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival
Got to the dealer today. They did get KIOTI involved and ended up finding a short in the harness. I talked to a service manager at a different dealer and they mentioned it seems to be getting much worse QC lately since the dealers are short on inventory they're rushing units. Either way I'm out hundreds in rentals to get the job done I bought this tractor for and therefor going to sell it and get a Kubota or mahindra etc that I trust more.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #114  
See y’all, it was a simple assembly issue, and can easily be rectified. Good lord man, if you sell it now to start over with a gamble on a Mahindra…. You’ll end up thinking the universe is out to get you. Don’t do it.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #115  
Obviously you have not read any of the posts where those two companies have had their own set of issues.....

:ROFLMAO:

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #116  
Thank you for updating us. There is no reason to suspect the rest of your tractors mechanical reliability is in question just because of a wiring short.

Would have been swell for your dealer to provide a rental, but i fear your expectations are simply not realistic. Most other dealers and tractor companies are going to handle this exactly the same way. Actually sounds like fairly quick diagnostic work to me. And you really scheduled critical work for the very first week of owning a brand new machine? Take a step back, a deep breath, a cold beer, and enjoy your tractor once it gets home.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival
A fair point deezler, I think my expectations are a bit high as this is my first foray into tractors. I buy machining centers frequently for my business. When I have a problem it gets solved quickly and I can get ahold of a factory tech 24/7. The other thing that bugged me is their insane lack of information on DTC code info even in service manuals. Definitely not looking to void my warranty but dealers not a short trip so if it lost prime or had bad fuel etc I'd like to be able to read the DTC.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #118  
Yes, thanks for the update. Add me to the list of people who believe that you are making a mistake if you trade. You will be starting over again with an unknown quantity, and my experience has been that the first 50 hours or so is when problems seem to arise.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #119  
I hear you on the dtc’s man! I was actually surprised to see a generic shaped obd port under my dash. But there’s no industry standards yet, like we have for automobiles. We need to find a dealership mole to leak them for us or something.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #120  
Glad you got it going. I also imagine that wiring harness isn't made directly from their factories. Out sourced from another supplier who is being pushed..