Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues #1  

Tophercrna

Tractor
2022 Kubota 3901
Hello, I’m new to this forum and tractor life. I just took possession of a 2022 Kubota 3901. Having issues with not being able to get it started after shutoff. I have tried everything. Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone is having or had similar issues. Usually have to wait about 15-20 min. After I shut it off to be able to get it to turn over. Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues #2  
Welcome to TBN! The dealer would be my first suggestion as it's a new machine/under warranty.

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues
Thank you. I did reach out to them Saturday to send a tech out. They assured me this is not acceptable from a Kubota machine and will take care of the issue. . Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone had an issue like this.

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues #4  
Will it not crank? There are safety systems that are often a problem, like someone needs to be in the seat, the forward and reverse pedals, the pto being off. If these are the problem it won’t even try and start.

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues #5  
Many simple things would cause a no start situation. Probably a safety switch somewhere is not adjusted properly. Let the dealer take care of it, it is a new machine under warranty.

Keep us posted about what they find....

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues #6  
Did the dealer not spend more than 20 seconds,on the "new owner" briefing? They should've gone over everything with you, on delivery...

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues #7  
If it turns over/cranks and will not start, that's unusual for a brand new machine of any brand. But if it doesn't crank, then as others have said, a switch, safety interlock

How many hours have you put on your 3901, and all fuel/fluids are good? Then if you can add your location/state into profile that helps too.

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues
Will it not crank? There are safety systems that are often a problem, like someone needs to be in the seat, the forward and reverse pedals, the pto being off. If these are the problem it won’t even try and start.
Thanks for the info. Nope. Won’t crank at all. PTO is definitely off. I have even tried holding down the seat kill switch by hand. Tech is coming on Wednesday. I can’t even get out of the seat with the parking break on and it out of gear. It stalls everytime. Service department said that isn’t at all normal. I’m like ya. Right. Lol.

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues #9  
The only issue I have had with my 3901 is the seat switch crapped out and was replaced under warranty by the dealer in my barn. No question asked I called a few minutes before closing on Saturday and Monday by 830 the mobile service truck was in my driveway it wasn’t acting like you’re machine mine would start but randomly die while I’m motion

/ Brand new Kubota 3901 looking for info on start ing issues #10  
Thanks for the info. Nope. Won’t crank at all. PTO is definitely off. I have even tried holding down the seat kill switch by hand. Tech is coming on Wednesday. I can’t even get out of the seat with the parking break on and it out of gear. It stalls everytime. Service department said that isn’t at all normal. I’m like ya. Right. Lol.
That sounds like a safety switch adjustment issue. Not unheard of but not normal either.