Branson 3520cx

/ Branson 3520cx
Ok, but again, unless the axle went clear dry for so long it ruined the front axle I'd just add oil occasionally. The books call for filling the front axle housing about half full of oil, but looking at most of them I see no reason why it cannot by filled just to the bottom of the input bearing.

I do agree that projects can be valuable when you are older. I'm about the same age and found it really helps me to have a project to do. Just finished re-wiring the entire barn this year. And finished a major tune up and and refurbish of the old JD this fall. Now looking for a winter project..... I'm trying cut down on the mechanical projects though.

Of all the things you might have to fix on a tractor, a front axle is one of the nicest for an old guy. It's fairly clean, the parts are straightforward and not heavy, and best of all the axle is not hard to take off the tractor and have someone put it up on a bench where you can rebuild it completely without having to bend over so much.

A few years ago my wife insisted that we buy a brand new tractor so we would have at least one tractor we could always count on when we needed it. So we did and it has been a big help to us. A Kubota M59.
rScotty
Ok, but again, unless the axle went clear dry for so long it ruined the front axle I'd just add oil occasionally. The books call for filling the front axle housing about half full of oil, but looking at most of them I see no reason why it cannot by filled just to the bottom of the input bearing.

I do agree that projects can be valuable when you are older. I'm about the same age and found it really helps me to have a project to do. Just finished re-wiring the entire barn this year. And finished a major tune up and and refurbish of the old JD this fall. Now looking for a winter project..... I'm trying cut down on the mechanical projects though.

Of all the things you might have to fix on a tractor, a front axle is one of the nicest for an old guy. It's fairly clean, the parts are straightforward and not heavy, and best of all the axle is not hard to take off the tractor and have someone put it up on a bench where you can rebuild it completely without having to bend over so much.

A few years ago my wife insisted that we buy a brand new tractor so we would have at least one tractor we could always count on when we needed it. So we did and it has been a big help to us. A Kubota M59.
rScotty
Ur story inspires me to do as u say..think i will let It leak down to it stops leaking which appears to be 2 qts...and leave at that..Tractor is like day was Made..i paid 21000...its fully equipped with rear remotes...thank u for your info

/ Branson 3520cx

rScotty
Well things looking bad...dealer states if oil in drive shaft cover it is
its from front diff seal..and diff has to come out 😩😩 big bucks. They suggest adding lucas seal sealer...and opinion on what they say...thank u

/ Branson 3520cx #13  
Your tractor has a similar front diff to mine, it may even be the same. Even if really needs to pull the diff out, it's literally, the tube, 4 big bolts that holds the trunnion mounts and two hoses for the steering. It's not that big of a deal. These tractors are simple to work on.

As Eric said, if you go scroll down on the forum and go on the Branson section, there is a thread on top with most of the models for Branson tractors. Yours should be there as well. Both parts and service manuals.

/ Branson 3520cx
Ty u

/ Branson 3520cx #15  
My question would be what are you using for differential fluid?
Hydraulic/transmission fluid or gear lube. If using hy-tran I'd try switching to gear lube.

/ Branson 3520cx
My question would be what are you using for differential fluid?
Hydraulic/transmission fluid or gear lube. If using hy-tran I'd try switching to gear lube.
80/90 weight

/ Branson 3520cx #17  
Well then it's a question of how bad the leak is,
how often you want to top off the differential,
And if the seal is easily accessible.
I haven't looked up your tractor but some of the smaller ones you actually have to disassemble and split the differential case.