Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #1  
Tractor
Branson 5520
Hello all,

I can't find my manual around the house else I'd be looking it up there.

I have a new May 2022 Branson 5520H with 59 hours on it. This light came on yesterday when I was driving it in a high gear and running it at high RPMs. The tractor beeps 3 times when this light comes on.

I am new to diesels and I *think* it's saying that the diesel particulate filter is partially clogged? If this is correct how do I clean it out? Do I just drive it up and down the mountain roads here at a high RPM for a half hour to try and burn it out, even if that triggers the light and beeping? Or can I idle it at 2500 - 3000 RPM for an hour outside?

Other info that may be related. Cold climate, already had 1 snow and 1 freezing rain here in NC. 3400ft to 3700ft elevation. I think that affects DPFs negatively.

Appreciate y'alls info here!

Attachments

• branson_light.PNG
    branson_light.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
   / Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #3  
I believe there is a button that you push to start the regen process, Its located near the yellow pto switch.
I have a 5520cab also with 60 some hrs on it, but I pull a 10' bush hog mower behind it so I don't think it will need the regen anytime soon.
Let it run after you push the button, even drive it around the road.

Please let us know how it goes, as I'm curious also since mine hasn't had the button treatment yet.

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #4  
I don't have the manual for the new 20 Series but I have the manual for the 5835 that uses the same DPF and processes related to it.

The 3 beeps along with the light flashing indicates indeed that's asking for the regen. Check picture #1.

On the second picture, there is the steps needed to start the regen process.

I hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Branson DPF regen 2.jpg
Branson DPF regen 1.jpg

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #6  
There's nothing like the directions (y) (y)
I suppose they could put a sticker with the steps for the regen process somewhere near the button. Looks like it's just a simple 3 step process. I think it could be handy.

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on
I don't have the manual for the new 20 Series but I have the manual for the 5835 that uses the same DPF and processes related to it.

The 3 beeps along with the light flashing indicates indeed that's asking for the regen. Check picture #1.

On the second picture, there is the steps needed to start the regen process.

I hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

View attachment 771694 View attachment 771696
Perfect, appreciate it! I've been running all over the farm looking for where my manual wound up.

I'll try to trigger the light and will follow those steps now before it gets too late.

My regen button lost the little plastic button cap courtesy of my daughter sitting on the seat, but I imagine I can push it with my finger still.

I'll let y'all know how it works out

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on
Followed those directions. Got it into the regen mode at 2900RPM, golly that seems high, whew!

It's doing its thing, will check back on it in 30 mins.

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #10  
Checked back after 30 minutes, regen lights are off and tractor seems to have more pep. Looks to have worked. Thanks all! First regen complete.
Nice! Thanks for the update. Glad it solved your issue.

A couple things to keep in mind. If you're starting the tractor to do the regen process, let it warm up to operating temp. After the regen is done, let it idle a couple minutes, maybe 5 to 10 minutes, for everything to cool down again, specially the turbo.