Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #11  
Man I missed this excitement yesterday. Thank you for posting and sharing a successful Regen on the new system. Glad it worked as designed.

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on
Here's some pics of my 5520H, as requested.

I worked her a lot in the summer and fall with our poultry operation, we raise and butcher close to 1000 poultry a year. I've hung deer and hogs off her too when we need meat.

We only have a few acres, but the grades are as high as 35%, so I needed that 55hp to drag implements and trailers up our hills.

Attachments

• trac_pic_3.jpg
    trac_pic_3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 86
  • trac_pic_2.jpg
    trac_pic_2.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 88
  • trac_pic_1.jpg
    trac_pic_1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 91
   / Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #16  
I know you already found the solution to your issue but incase anyone else ever needs it we did make this chart for this very reason its a bit simplistic but it gets the job done for us.

Attachments

• Resized_20221201_123451.jpeg
    Resized_20221201_123451.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 106
   / Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #17  
I do find it interesting that different manufacturers choose different ways to do the regeneration, my LS does it automatically, there is a switch to turn regeneration off but I have never had any reason to turn it off.

/ Branson 5520 - Beeping 3 times + Exhaust light on #18  
I do find it interesting that different manufacturers choose different ways to do the regeneration, my LS does it automatically, there is a switch to turn regeneration off but I have never had any reason to turn it off.
In this case, Branson uses a simple good old mechanically injected engine with a bolt on DPF. This means the engine will only require 2 or 3 wires to run for the fuel shut off solenoid, starter and glow plugs.

There isn't an ECM controlling things or spitting out errors, like what happens when they add way too much electronics where they shouldn't. Just a DPF data logger to keep track of the pressure differential at the DPF and therefore ask for a regen if and when needed.

On this Branson system, if running under ideal conditions to keep the DPF nice and hot, it may never ask for a regen, but running in ideal conditions it's not always possible.