Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors

/ Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
My mx kubota has flat faced connectors on the front. I have not yet removed the bh but i assume 2 hoses on the bh also have ff connectors?

The county rents a brillion seeder that you hook up to your 3 point hitch and connect the hoses.

Here is a picture of the connectors on the seeder, they look different than my ff connectors.
D91CBC0F-8E35-4F2B-BA45-4C07C949AC24.jpeg

Does the seeder have to have flat faced connectors also?

/ Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors #2  
It is a pioneer style connector. It will not work with a flat face coupler.

/ Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors #4  
Kubota does not use ag connectors on the backhoe loop. I'd have to go check, but the are not pioneer style. Not flat face either. Also, I think you need a controllable hydraulic source for the seeder. Using the bare backhoe loop won't work. You need rear remotes.

/ Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors
Kubota does not use ag connectors on the backhoe loop. I'd have to go check, but the are not pioneer style. Not flat face either. Also, I think you need a controllable hydraulic source for the seeder. Using the bare backhoe loop won't work. You need rear remotes.
thank you for that!

Since I'm clueless.......I'm either going to hire it out or seed with a different machine.

I'm not ashamed to say my tractor kinda scares me. I've never used one and all the rednecks that were gonna show me how have yet to show up!

In my defense, after 1 year, I'm getting better with the BH.

/ Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors #6  
Did you talk to your county guy? They might have the flat face couplers and switch them out for you.

Or you could make an adapter by putting the male flat face on one side and a poineer female on the other. Looking at your picture the male coupler has Poineer 8010-4 wrote on it. Google it and you can get them , flat face couplers, and a foot of hose. They are pretty common and cheap.

Last edited:
   / Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors #7  
Did you talk to your county guy? They might have the flat face couplers and switch them out for you.

Or you could make an adapter by putting the male flat face on one side and a poineer female on the other. Looking at your picture the male coupler has Poineer 8010-4 wrote on it. Google it and you can get them , flat face couplers, and a foot of hose. They are pretty common and cheap.
All that does nothing to help him not having a control valve in the circuit. It's a blessing the couplers don't match.

/ Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors #8  
Sounds like you need a remote outlet with the ISO couplers and valve.

/ Brilliant seeder hydraulic connectors #10  
sounds like i need someone here who knows more than i do.

which ain't saying much!,

thx

If your tractor has a remote valve there should be two unused couplers at the rear of the tractor that the backhoe doesn't connect to. You will also have a lever to activate this remote valve. I haven't been on an MX5800.