Broken flexible coupler and trans shaft, JD935.

Don Harrison

Tractor
JD F935
I have a JD935 the flexible coupler broke and then broke the output shaft out of the hydrostatic transmission. How do I tow the tractor back to the garage without tearing something up. The wheels just slide with resistance when I pull on it. Is there somewhere or someway I can pull this tractor? Can I get the output shaft out by just taking the 2 bolts out that appear to hold it in. Sorry so long.

OP
D

Don Harrison

Tractor
JD F935
Yes it is a JD935. I learned how to tow it back to garage. Now I need to get the input shaft repaired or replaced for the transmission. How do I remove the transmission from mower? Then maybe take it to someone to replace the broken shaft. If I purchase a manual, which one is best?

Richard001

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jd lx178
Yes it is a JD935. I learned how to tow it back to garage. Now I need to get the input shaft repaired or replaced for the transmission. How do I remove the transmission from mower? Then maybe take it to someone to replace the broken shaft. If I purchase a manual, which one is best?
If your handy with tools, then go for it yourself. But if this is a new adventure for you, perhaps taking it to a shop is best.

Richard

OP
D

Don Harrison

Tractor
JD F935
Thanks for the help, I’m gonna take the hydro pump out, that contains the broken shaft, fix that then buy the drive shaft and flexible couple. If not maybe junk it out. I have a deck, engine, transaxle, wheels, electric clutch, seat, hood, steering wheel, etc. thanks for the replies.

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Where are you located?

OP
D

Don Harrison

Tractor
JD F935
Have been looking for the hydro transmission drive shaft, have not found one.

Amvcane

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 Kioti CK35hst tlb; 1990 JD 322; 1987 JD 332; 1985 JD 318; 1982 Porsche 911sc
Do you have a part number? Is it the same hst transmission that is in the 420/430/318-332? If so, it should be easy to find and it may be easier to just replace the transmission.