Broken flexible coupler and trans shaft, JD935.

/ Broken flexible coupler and trans shaft, JD935. #1  

Don Harrison

Tractor
JD F935
I have a JD935 the flexible coupler broke and then broke the output shaft out of the hydrostatic transmission. How do I tow the tractor back to the garage without tearing something up. The wheels just slide with resistance when I pull on it. Is there somewhere or someway I can pull this tractor? Can I get the output shaft out by just taking the 2 bolts out that appear to hold it in. Sorry so long.

/ Broken flexible coupler and trans shaft, JD935. #2  
This an F935?

Welcome to TBN

/ Broken flexible coupler and trans shaft, JD935.
Yes it is a JD935. I learned how to tow it back to garage. Now I need to get the input shaft repaired or replaced for the transmission. How do I remove the transmission from mower? Then maybe take it to someone to replace the broken shaft. If I purchase a manual, which one is best?

Yes, F935 diesel.

/ Broken flexible coupler and trans shaft, JD935. #5  
Yes it is a JD935. I learned how to tow it back to garage. Now I need to get the input shaft repaired or replaced for the transmission. How do I remove the transmission from mower? Then maybe take it to someone to replace the broken shaft. If I purchase a manual, which one is best?
If your handy with tools, then go for it yourself. But if this is a new adventure for you, perhaps taking it to a shop is best.

Richard

Thanks for the help, I’m gonna take the hydro pump out, that contains the broken shaft, fix that then buy the drive shaft and flexible couple. If not maybe junk it out. I have a deck, engine, transaxle, wheels, electric clutch, seat, hood, steering wheel, etc. thanks for the replies.

/ Broken flexible coupler and trans shaft, JD935. #7  
Where are you located?

Morgantown, Ky 42261

Have been looking for the hydro transmission drive shaft, have not found one.

/ Broken flexible coupler and trans shaft, JD935. #10  
Do you have a part number? Is it the same hst transmission that is in the 420/430/318-332? If so, it should be easy to find and it may be easier to just replace the transmission.