Broken Hydraulic Line

/ Broken Hydraulic Line #1  

nrosario

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320P
Hello everyone,

I hope I can get some help and opinion on my situation.

I only had this tractor for less than 10hrs.

Couple of weeks ago I was digging a hole and couple of stumps, then decided to move the remaining sand to the back of my property.
Besides not being able to get a full bucket I noticed some power lost and and immediately hydraulic fluid coming out like a fire hose from somewhere on the left side of the engine

After immediately turning off the tractor found that hydraulic line coming out of one of the pumps had a hairline crack.

This happened on Sunday Dec 2nd.
Went online and submitted the order to replace the part.

The next day called Cobb's Tractor, very nice people by the way, they informed me that the part was in back-order or something along those lines and that they were going to reach Mahindra to see when they could get it. I also ordered some other misc parts, like nipple and o-rings, and got those couple of days latter.

Part number 19582580AG0 - check attached diagram pic "Part Highlighted in Red". Still missing and no answer.

It has been about two weeks already.

I went over Pirtek Altamonte Springs and they will be taking the broken line and try to repair/replace it with some fabrication and using some hydraulic hose.

At this point I will be happy just to be able to move the tractor to my garage.

My concerns are:
Is this common with mahindra parts, I understand that you can get filters and other simple things immediately, but what about real parts like hydraulic lines, valves, pump, etc.
Would I be getting air in my system, if yes, how do I fix that.

I also got a third function kit from Everything Attachments and I'm planing to install it myself.- will appreciate any tutorials or diagrams on how to install this.

Hope I don't have to sell this tractor, besides, I really appreciate how planted and agile it feels when working it.

Attachments

• max hydraulic line.JPG
    max hydraulic line.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
   / Broken Hydraulic Line #2  
Take the hose to a local hydraulic hose shop and they can make a exact replacement while you wait. I just had one made for a power steering leak 2 weeks ago. Cost about the same and a fraction of the time if your in a bind.

What was the cause of the leak? Old hose ? Wear spot? Cracked fitting?

/ Broken Hydraulic Line
Take the hose to a local hydraulic hose shop and they can make a exact replacement while you wait. I just had one made for a power steering leak 2 weeks ago. Cost about the same and a fraction of the time if your in a bind.

Yes, I agree with your comment regarding the shop.
They called and confirm the have the hydraulic line repaired and ready, I will post some pictures tomorrow.

What was the cause of the leak? Old hose ? Wear spot? Cracked fitting?

Don't know the cause of the fracture, I can tell you it was repaired before I purchased the tractor.
The person at the shop also confirmed this.

It had some welding marks and paint.

-Hope to have the machine ready before the weekend
-I need to start gathering information on the 3rd function installation, I already have the kit.
-I'm also concerned about having air in the hydraulic system.

/ Broken Hydraulic Line #4  
Don't worry about the air fire it up work the loader controls a few times and the air will be gone.

/ Broken Hydraulic Line #5  
I’d have those two custom ends cut and silver solder or tig some JIC fittings to them. It won’t see the stress with a flex hose in between.

/ Broken Hydraulic Line #6  
Let me guess. The tube line failed at the pump mount flange ? This is a known issue. Many are failing and that's why there is a backlog of orders. Should be warranty. :thumbsup:

/ Broken Hydraulic Line
   / Broken Hydraulic Line
ChibyTron is back and fully operational.

Mark from Pirtek Altamonte Springs did a nice and quick work.
So far all good.

Now I need to install that 3rd function kit.

Attachments

• 20181218_130526.jpg
    20181218_130526.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 20181218_130533.jpg
    20181218_130533.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 20181218_163915.jpg
    20181218_163915.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 256
   / Broken Hydraulic Line #9  
Was it brazed or tig welded? That’s a good fix. No reason to have something rigid off the motor like that. A bit of flex in that hose will go a long ways to preventing future failure.