Brush cutting and heard a clunk now vibrating

/ Brush cutting and heard a clunk now vibrating #11  
if the shaft size is the same, you could fit blades and a disk from a brush hog. sucks that its not built to do the job its advertised for. it looks like the blades on my old cub cadet garden tractor were about the same thickness.

/ Brush cutting and heard a clunk now vibrating
agree the whole setup is weak, it should have a 36 inch or more disc, then blades pivoting on the outer edge, that way if you hit a stump or stone it bounces over, this one smacks it around inside the housing.

the shaft is also light considering the hits it takes, be around 2 to 2 1/2 diameter splined shaft, not worth doing much with with easy cutting it works until I find something else, selling it would give me a guilty feeling as I know its a piece of junk

/ Brush cutting and heard a clunk now vibrating
here is a followup, this head is a piece of junk, no matter how I straighten it after just spinning it deforms, last set of blades curled.

what I am doing is machining a hub to fit the shaft, then plan on plasma cutting a disc to mount new blades onto, at least a disc will not hammer any debris and should remain flat and not bend, what I need to know on other mowers of this type how thick is the disc? was thinking 3/8, where the blades mount with a 1 inch bolt thickening it up to 3/8 plus a 1/2 boss, boss on the underside, I could make these mountings at 60 degrees allowing relocation of the blades should the hub deform

thaughts?