Brush mower for Skid Steer

/ Brush mower for Skid Steer #1  
Tractor
2013 Terex PT110, 1954 Ford NAA with tracks, 2012 John Deere 3320 eHydro with cab
I'm looking for a mower. I've come to the conclusion that I can't justify the cost of a drum or disc mulcher. I think I will rent a mulcher for a couple weekends to do the bulk of my work. Then buy a mower with blades to maintain stuff to cut some occasional trees up to 7 inches, heavy brush and tall grass. I have a Terex PT110.

Has anyone on here had experience running a Jenkins Super Duty mower? I am hesitant because it doesn't have a hi flow motor, but otherwise it looks nice.

I am also looking for anyone with experience using the MTL mowers? I am looking at a few MTL's, in particular the XC8T.

I am trying to stay under $7,000.

/ Brush mower for Skid Steer #2  
I would say you are not going to cut anywhere near 7" and be under 7k as a rule.

Maybe if you wanted to get one tree a couple times a year, but that size, even softwoods, are **** on a mower. Even 2-3" stuff slows them way down if you are processing for finish. They work well for grass, brambles, saplings, thistle, walks right through it and leaves a nice finish.

I like your idea of renting a mulcher to clean up initially, you PT110 will easily run one and once you get a feel for it productivity will be pretty good.

Do you have the forestry package with the extra guarding? If not you'll want to go really slow and careful, a simple 1" branch can get expensive in a hurry if it pokes the wrong thing.

Don't run any kind of mower without the forestry rated door.

Anyway, just some ideas and my experience.

/ Brush mower for Skid Steer
I would say you are not going to cut anywhere near 7" and be under 7k as a rule.

Maybe if you wanted to get one tree a couple times a year, but that size, even softwoods, are **** on a mower. Even 2-3" stuff slows them way down if you are processing for finish. They work well for grass, brambles, saplings, thistle, walks right through it and leaves a nice finish.

I like your idea of renting a mulcher to clean up initially, you PT110 will easily run one and once you get a feel for it productivity will be pretty good.

Do you have the forestry package with the extra guarding? If not you'll want to go really slow and careful, a simple 1" branch can get expensive in a hurry if it pokes the wrong thing.

Don't run any kind of mower without the forestry rated door.

Anyway, just some ideas and my experience.

Skid Pro, MTL, Rut, and Carolina Attachments have mowers in the $7,000 price range with hi flow motors on them. They claim between 7 and 10 inch soft wood trees can be taken down. They have various claims of being able to continually cut up and shred trees in the 4 to 5 inch range. I don't have the forestry package. My forestry door is arriving today. I will make some guards to cover my lights. When things dry up a bit more I will rent a Fecon mulching head from my local Cat dealer for a weekend. One or two weekends should do most of my work. Any hardwoods are going in my wood stove. Any soft wood over 8 inches is probably going on a saw mill I am planning on getting this summer. The mower I buy won't be hitting to much large stuff in the future. I was curious to find someone who has operated a Carolina Attachment mower, Rut, Jenkins or Skid Pro. I've seen some videos and these mowers look impressive.

/ Brush mower for Skid Steer #4  
I just purchased the Rut Manufacturing high plow 78” cutter yesterday to run on my Kubota 95-2s. We’ll see how it does soon. The quality seems to be great just looking over it so far.