Build a Shop/Home Pics, Ideas, Plans???

/ Build a Shop/Home Pics, Ideas, Plans???
How high do you want the walls of the shop? Would something like this pass muster with SWMBO?

Very nice!!!! 12ft eave would be needed in the shop portion.

What's the particulars on this one? Size, etc. Thanks!!!

Head over to garagejournal.com. Lots of build threads on combo shop/houses on there. Most of them show a floor plan and lots of guys are open with their true costs involved.

Thanks deezler, I'll head on over!!!

/ Build a Shop/Home Pics, Ideas, Plans??? #34  
   / Build a Shop/Home Pics, Ideas, Plans??? #36  
I use a free program called homebyme. Google it. It's a great tool to design floor plans with. It takes awhile to figure out the tools but it's a breeze after that. I'm designing our future home with it. You can do a 3d walkthrough which shows you how your space would look in relation to the size of room designed.

/ Build a Shop/Home Pics, Ideas, Plans??? #37  
You are a smart guy and you'll figure it out. It sounds like a nice next step in life's journey. I liked the pic I posted because that porch roof breaks up the lines of the main building. I think a porch over hang, or kind of a carriage house, high class stable would be a good look

I also like the idea of a break between the two spaces. You would have enough room for a screen room AND a mud room between the house and the shop. In any case, this will be fun to watch.

Also, properly done, this should result in space (and desire) for another tractor :wink:

/ Build a Shop/Home Pics, Ideas, Plans??? #38  
I would think about the HVAC. We have two homes, a detached garage, and a detached shop. I change the furnace filters in the homes about every 2-3 months. The detached garage is in the central valley, not heated. The detached shop is on the north coast and is heated. I change the furnace filter every week. And they are always gray to black. There is that much crud in the air. Mostly metal working, some wood working. In a single building I would pay special attention to the HVAC to make sure the shop crud does not end up in your wife's linen drawer.

/ Build a Shop/Home Pics, Ideas, Plans??? #40  
Here are a few photos of the barn / camp / outdoor relaxation get away I just had built to get away from the city on the weekends. 40'x60'

Questions let me know -

IMG_7037.jpgIMG_5476.jpgIMG_6150.jpgIMG_5473.jpg
IMG_0568.pngDJI_0153.jpgDJI_0740.jpgIMG_0061.jpgIMG_0566.png