Bush Hog 2212 Batwing

/ Bush Hog 2212 Batwing #1  

Glowplug

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HD
Does anyone have any experience with, or knowledge of, the new Bush Hog 2212 flex-wing rotary cutter? I was curious about the cost. It seems from their website that it is available this month. I think it would fill a niche that is void right now. It is a 12 foot cutting width flex wing rotary cutter designed for "smaller" tractors. It has 75hp gearboxes. It is by no means heavy duty, in fact it is not even close to the so called "medium" duty cutters like the Bush Hog 2715 or Rhino FR15 or Woods BW180. It is designed for 50-75hp tractors. My tractor is 62hp PTO and it looks like it would be great for a flex wing cutter for pasture maintenance for a tractor like mine. I have always felt that the "medium-duty" 15-footers would be almost too much for my tractor since they are usually rated for at least 60hp PTO.

/ Bush Hog 2212 Batwing #3  
Builder said:
Do the wings fold up via hydraulic lines from the tractor? Or do they just float? Maybe they manually fold up?

Yes, they fold with hydraulics -- you'd have to be superman to lift them manually.

/ Bush Hog 2212 Batwing #5  
Gatorboy said:
Yes, they fold with hydraulics -- you'd have to be superman to lift them manually.

True, but if it's just a wing that floats on a roadside bank or culvert between highway lanes while the other runs on the flat terrain, then it doesn't lift at all.

Also, there's a lot of spring assist systems like those used on beaver tail & trailer ramps that can triple or quadruple the strength of a man to help lift something like a wing on a mower.

I didn't see hydraulic lines leading to them, so I thought they might have a spring assisted hinge. That way no rear remote is needed.

/ Bush Hog 2212 Batwing #6  
It's a nice cutter for what you are thinking about. I am interested in one for my 7040. I inquired with my local dealer and was quoted somewhere around $9600 if my memory serves. It should pull fairly easy on your 62 pto hp tractor. I pulled a 3715 BushHog last fall to trim some pastures behind my 7040 and I didn't even know it was there. I was running in pretty light conditions though, and it was only about eighty degrees outside. Depending on what you are cutting either the 2212 or the 2515 should work. Landpride makes a nice 15' flex wing that only calls for 50 hp that should pull pretty easy to. I talked to an old guy the other day that has an older M6800 and he does all his brush hogging with it and a 2615 Bush Hog and said he has never had any issue's. I think I am gonna look for an older lighter model Land Pride 15' as I don't want to dump 10k into something I'm only gonna use three days a year. Seems like you can get a decent used one for $4000-$6000 around here.

/ Bush Hog 2212 Batwing #7  
CumminsLuke said:
It's a nice cutter for what you are thinking about. I am interested in one for my 7040. I inquired with my local dealer and was quoted somewhere around $9600 if my memory serves. It should pull fairly easy on your 62 pto hp tractor. I pulled a 3715 BushHog last fall to trim some pastures behind my 7040 and I didn't even know it was there. I was running in pretty light conditions though, and it was only about eighty degrees outside. Depending on what you are cutting either the 2212 or the 2515 should work. Landpride makes a nice 15' flex wing that only calls for 50 hp that should pull pretty easy to. I talked to an old guy the other day that has an older M6800 and he does all his brush hogging with it and a 2615 Bush Hog and said he has never had any issue's. I think I am gonna look for an older lighter model Land Pride 15' as I don't want to dump 10k into something I'm only gonna use three days a year. Seems like you can get a decent used one for $4000-$6000 around here.

I may only use one 10-15 times year so used would be great. Seems like the batwing is the way to fly if you need to road it to another site.