Rotary Cutter Bush hog crazy wheel....

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #1  

jaken

Tractor
Kubota B7510, Ferguson TO30, Troybilt Horse
Ain't too crazy or may it's too crazy. Anyway it won't pivot...it gets sideways and trys to be a plow. Dang thing will pivot easily by hand when not on the ground.

Does the angle look to steep? I'm beginning to think it has the wrong wheel on it. I bought it used.

Don't know why the site turns the pic sideways.

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 394
   / Bush hog crazy wheel.... #2  
It should be offset so that the centerline of the wheel is behind the centerline of the pivot "axle" (like a swivel caster wheel).

Aaron Z

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #3  
Did you put lots of grease on it?
If it turns while in the air, it should turn on the ground if it is well greased.

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #4  
The only thing I can say is that the pivot has too much castor angle. I think you're right that someone has used a universal replacement, as it looks to me that if you reversed the wheel would contact the mower body.

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #5  
Aczlan is correct. Does not appear to have any caster angle. The pivot point should be vertical and the axle should be behind the pivot. That fork is wrong for that cutter & the pivot is bent.

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #6  
Yep.. The fork angle is all wrong.. Should be more raked back with the wheel axle behind the pivot.

TailWheel-Bad_zps8b75fd17.jpg

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #7  
Here is a picture of one with the correct angle (the pivot for the wheel swivel is marked with a red line in both pictures):
TailWheel.jpg
Note that the line is off center on the wheel. That way it will swing around to follow the tractor's direction of travel.

Here is the line drawn through the same place on your mower.
TailWheel2.jpg
Note that the line goes through the center of the wheel. That makes it so that it does not naturally pivot to follow the direction of the tractor.

Aaron Z

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #8  
I would attempt a repair by cutting the vertical straps off of the stirrup and then cut a 45 degree chunk out of each vertical piece, then weld the vertical pieces back to the remainder of the stirrup. This should give it some rake angle. No real cost involved, just some time and one welding rod.

/ Bush hog crazy wheel....
I would attempt a repair by cutting the vertical straps off of the stirrup and then cut a 45 degree chunk out of each vertical piece, then weld the vertical pieces back to the remainder of the stirrup. This should give it some rake angle. No real cost involved, just some time and one welding rod.

Thanks everyone for the quick replys! Thank you aczlan for the red lines. I'm a visual person. I will remove that thing and break out the MIG and do some adjustments per K0ua's suggestion.

/ Bush hog crazy wheel.... #10  
I would probably make one cut at a less extreme angle (20 degrees?), then flip the cut pieces around front for back (so it goes back together at an angle rather than straight) and weld that together.
Only one cut/weld vs two that way.

Aaron Z