Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #1  

Stoner

Bronze Member
Can someone give me a price check on a 5 and 6 foot finish mower. My local dealer gave me a price of $2,100 on the 5 foot and he said it would be roughly another $100 for the 6 foot finish mower. The prices struck me as being a little high. I can buy a 6 foot Woods RD 72 Hertage model for $1,600. Can someone give me a little direction. Thanks

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #2  
Stoner said:
Can someone give me a price check on a 5 and 6 foot finish mower. My local dealer gave me a price of $2,100 on the 5 foot and he said it would be roughly another $100 for the 6 foot finish mower. The prices struck me as being a little high. I can buy a 6 foot Woods RD 72 Heritage model for $1,600. Can someone give me a little direction. Thanks

I paid just over $1000 for a 60" (5') Land Pride medium duty cutter 3 years ago.
$2100 sounds way too high for even a 6' (or 7' or 8') cutter.

But it does sound just a bit high for a finishing mower...are you sure he's quoting a rotary cutter (bush hog)?

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #3  
I have recently been quoted $1820 for a JD LX6 (not sure if this is with or without safety chains) and $1705 (+295 for safety chains) for a Woods 6' rotary cutter, light duty.

I was also told by the Woods dealer to stay away from the Heritage model, as in his opinion it was too light and delicate. FWIW I was told this in the context of putting it on a Kubota M5040 (45pto hp).

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #4  
Stoner said:
Can someone give me a price check on a 5 and 6 foot finish mower. My local dealer gave me a price of $2,100 on the 5 foot and he said it would be roughly another $100 for the 6 foot finish mower. The prices struck me as being a little high. I can buy a 6 foot Woods RD 72 Hertage model for $1,600. Can someone give me a little direction. Thanks

Stoner:

How much lawn are you cutting with the finish mower? I am assuming you are talking about a rear finish mower. For the cost of a RFM you would probably be better off buying a riding lawn tractor if your lawn is small enough. Jay

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #5  
Stoner said:

In 1999, I paid either $1,695 or $1,795 for a 5' Bush Hog brand (RDTH) finish mower (can't remembr which, for sure, but think it was $1,695). So over 7 years later, with the increase in steel prices and everything else, your price doesn't surprise me.

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #6  
I believe the price is high but B/H will always be expense, before I bought mine I looked at most brands and found that a lot of them looked the same just with different name. Woods and Landpride are very good infact you can get the Woods the color of your tractor.

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #7  
I purchased a Woods PRD 7200 in red for $2100 back in Oct 06. As BIRD said, your prices are in the ball park considering steel prices had made another increase at the end of 06.

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #8  
Sounds a little high to me but FYI the Bush Hog RDTH is a little heavier built than the Woods RD....the RD are the lighter duty Woods finishing mowers. The Woods PRD's are comparable to the Bush Hog RDTH.

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #9  
That's why I purchased the PRD.

/ Bush Hog Finish Mower 5 and 6 Foot #10  
I think I would be looking for something in the used category. Some new bearings, u-joints, and blades are a lot cheaper than a new unit.