Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Gotta get a new rotary cutter. Will be mounted on an old 55-hp Ford 4600. Our 40+ year old Ford mower died last fall, I think I finally killed it.

The Titan light duty, 1" to 1-1/2" capacity, shear pin, cutter is $1700. The Bush Hog light duty mower, 1" to 1-1/2" capacity, slip clutch, is $2100.

Is the Bush Hog name worth $400??

Those are the only mowers I can find in 40 miles of my home. Unless you count the John Deere light duty which is over $3000.

RSKY

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #2  
The gear box basicly make or break these things. Why not look up the part numbers your self and do some cross referencing

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #3  
Gotta get a new rotary cutter. Will be mounted on an old 55-hp Ford 4600. Our 40+ year old Ford mower died last fall, I think I finally killed it.

The Titan light duty, 1" to 1-1/2" capacity, shear pin, cutter is $1700. The Bush Hog light duty mower, 1" to 1-1/2" capacity, slip clutch, is $2100.

Is the Bush Hog name worth $400??

Those are the only mowers I can find in 40 miles of my home. Unless you count the John Deere light duty which is over $3000.

RSKY
Some of the $400 is for the slip clutch.

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #4  
While shopping note the horsepower capability of the mower itself. Many of the lighter duty mowers have a forty horsepower limitation.

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #5  
I am guessing the Bush Hog is mostly made in USA, so it gets my vote.

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #6  
I have owned Bush Hog equipment and it is good stuff.

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #7  
I also have had good luck with Bush-Hog,my cutter has 1K hours and my tiller close to that with no problems.

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #8  
Yea, slip clutch is probably half the price difference. The other half is name most likely.

Would help if we knew the specific models. How do they compare? Deck thickness, side skirt thickness, how heavy does the tail wheel look to be built? Overall weight of either?

Lots more to look at to compare other than just name.

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty
I will get model numbers and more info tomorrow. I am leaning towards the Bush Hog even though I would rather have the shear bolt instead of the clutch. I have replaced too many clutches in the middle of a field ten miles from our shop in the middle of July. A toolbox full of bolts seems an easier solution.

RSKY

/ Bush Hog light duty or Titan light duty #10  
I will get model numbers and more info tomorrow. I am leaning towards the Bush Hog even though I would rather have the shear bolt instead of the clutch. I have replaced too many clutches in the middle of a field ten miles from our shop in the middle of July. A toolbox full of bolts seems an easier solution.

RSKY
Can you get a bushhog with a shear pin?

I've never had any issues with a clutch....as long as you use them and adjust them yearly