Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach

/ Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach #1  

firefighter9208

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota M4800
I have a Bushhog brand loader and would like to build implements for it : forks, grapple, etc..., but can't figure out how to build the "Bushhog brand" type quick attach.
When I ordered the loader it was my first and I didn't know to get it with the Bobcat style quick attach.

I have the tools necessary to build the attachments (chop saw, torch, grinders, Miller 175 Mig Welder, Lincoln AC/DC 225 stick welder, etc...) and the skill. I just am having problems figureing out how to fab the quick attach.

I have done a lot of searching on this site and can't find anything. I am a school administrator and will be out the next two weeks for the Christmas Holiday break and would like to work on a set of forks. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

/ Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach #2  
Do you need a "Bush Hog" brand QA or just a QA with ears that fit the Bush Hog FEL pins? If you just are looking for a universal QA (skid steer type) then it might be a lot easier to buy any QA adapter and just fabricate the appropriate "ears" to match up with your loader.

Of course there are companies that sell QA adapters and might well make them for the Bush Hog loader. ATI and Horst Welding come to mind.

/ Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach
I know you can buy the plate for a "skid steer" type QA to build an implement off of but I need the parts to do a "Bushhog Brand". Anybody that has seen one knows what I'm talking about. I don't want to switch over to the "skid steer" type because I already have several "bushhog type" attachments.

I need the part that the arms on the FEL go into. The pins etc.... I could fab these up, but the measurements would have to be exact. The pins on a bushhog brand are actually on the attachment, not the FEL arms. Each implement has it's own pens.

Chris Hill

/ Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach #4  
Chris,

Not being directly familiar with Bush Hogs implementation, I looked up the operators manual for your loader. From what I can see, the bucket side of things is pretty much just a pair of heavy plates with appropriate cutouts, pockets at the top and a spring-loaded pin on each plate.

I'd make a plywood copy of one of the plates and use it as a template to cut (or have cut) two plates. Then weld them to a frame & add pockets. The pins could either be duplicated or replaced by any of a number of other catch designs.

I'm betting you can get away with fairly wide tolerances.

Defective,

Went by my buddies house yesterday (happens to be a Branson/Great Bend dealer) and ordered a set of pins. I am going to start fabbing a set of pallet forks next week. If all else goes well I'll start fabbing a set of bucket grapples in the near future.

Thanks to everybody for the help. I was hoping that someone had already done this and could give me pointers.

Chris

/ Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach #6  
I too have the same ? I need the same brackets, or convert over to a skid steer style quick attach. I hope someone can tell me where to get the brackets or what the cost is to convert over.

millwrightdude,

I came to the conclusion that I would have to build the brackets myself out of 3/8" steel. The pins and springs you can buy at a Bushhog dealer. It would be too expensive for me to convert to a skid steer quick attach. since I already have a 6' heavy duty bucket, hay fork, etc... for the Bushhog quick attach. I'm just going to use my bucket and hay fork as a guide and make templates out of cardboard.

Chris

/ Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach #8  
I think that is what I'll have to do as well. I was hope I could buy them.

/ Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach #9  
Hey Firefighter, I understand your delima with the bushhog attachements. Have you found what you were looking for or did you just wing it. I'm wanting to build some QA and need to build the 'knuckle' to fit loader. Thanks. email back at davidlathamjr@hotmail.com

/ Bushhog Brand Loader Quick Attach #10  
I found a company call Armstrong ag, and they make the bracket. I ordered a set and they are just what I needed. I also found that Brush hog has come out with a conversion kit to convert the brush hog style over to the skid steer style.