Buying Advice Buying advice ford 1100

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #1  

TC29Ddave

Tractor
TC29D 2001
I should have started here rather than the general page.

Am looking at a79 model ford 1100 13 hp. It is in pretty good shape with 675 hours. Tires are original. Has wheel weights and front weights. The guy has manuals and a number of implements included in the package.

Ford 48" mower, a disc, center buster, spring harrow and a blade thatactually should be on my TC29D. The mower seem tight but needs sharpening. the blade has been used some for gravel grading. the other things have been sitting around mostly. He says he has changed the oil every 6 months since he bought it new.

I have several questions.
1. can a small loader be installed and are they available?
2. Please give me your thoughts on the machine itself.
3. He wants $3500 for thepackage. High? low?

Thanks for your help. By the way my TC29D is doing great! I don't know why I'm even thinking about "little Blue" except that it is cute and can get between my trees.

TC29Ddave

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #2  
My old Ford 1100 was a little tank :D! I still wish I had it for the woods; although with its dozer blade I did get hung up and/or stuck a few times. Jay

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #3  
Call your local dealer for parts availability ( engine , transmission ) Nice machine but I have been looking for parts for a 1200 for months and haven't located any used. ( no new available ) If you feel lucky go ahead but I would not buy one. Spend a little more and get a newer version.

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #4  
I just purchased an 2 wd 1100/930 rear mower/back blade last month for $1300 and have been lurking here since. I am also looking for the answer about the loader. I looked on line and saw a couple they wanted $2950 for with a front blade. I think I did pretty well, however this came from a nursing home in the area and was abused!!!. I am in the process of replacing the front axle bushings and several other parts on the tractor and the gear box on the mower is leaking. I think I can fix these myself and the parts are on order. Luckily I know a guy that worked at the ford tractor dealer for about 15 years and he has supplied me with great advise.

Jay did you have a loader on yours??

dan

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #5  
Dano67:

Welcome to TBN and the Blue Forum :D! No I did not have a FEL. I did price a loader years ago and it was pretty expensive ~$2K so I stayed with my dual hydraulic 5' dozer blade. My only complaint about the blade was how it compromised my ground clearance at times. Jay

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #6  
Tc29Dave

Have you received anymore info on Front end loaders? I am also looking for a small one for mine.

Jay,

I hear you on the ground clearance. Mine had an electric "clutch"?? for a snow blower that only gave it a few inches. It was the first thing removed from the tractor.

Dan

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #7  
Yay, more 1100 owners :).

I recently bought a ford 1100. It does have a FEL, so I know they were available. The tractor is surprisingly powerful, but as consumers we are not used to machinery being rated with the real HP rating.

I have done a lot of research, and spares are not that plentiful, you need to be prepared to get things shipped in. Consumables such as filters are still easily obtained.

I think the decision all depends on the cost. I bought mine with the FEL, a back blade and a back rock box for $4500, but it has seen some use. No smoke or any signs of excessive engine wear, but the fenders could use some tlc, some of the wiring needs re-doing, etc. I was also in a very small market because of where I live, so prices do tend to be higher than you can find elsewhere. That said, I feel that $2500 - $3500 is a fair price depending on condition, and implements should factor in after that. Just my 0.02

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #8  
I paid $2400 for mine (2wd, low hours) a couple or three years ago, and that included a 48 inch belly mower...since then I bought a 4 ft box blade for 175 and a dirt scoop for 150...FIL gave me a plow. Bought a 5 ft rear finishing mower that needed work for $75 and rebuilt it for a couple hundred. Got steel plate from scrapyard for front weights for $10 or so...bought iron weightlifting weights for rear wheel weights for another $65 or so. So to me $3500 seems a little high.

I really like mine, I just wish it weighed another 500 lbs or so. And one day I intend to weld up a front end loader. This site Loader Plans, CAD Plans, Build a Loader, Front End Loader - Blank Page has plans. Go through the site and there's tons of pictures, including loaders and backhoes on 1100's.

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #9  
I think the price is high. It's a diesel lawnmower essentially.

yes.. you can get a laoder for it.

I've seen 1300's go in that range with an implement package.

I'd want to pay about 3K$ or less for that machine. YMMV...

soundguy

/ Buying advice ford 1100 #10  
I just bought a Ford 1100 sub compact garden tractor 4x4. The front diff innards however is sitting in a box. The pinon gear looks to be missing some metal. Does anybody have an 1100 or 1200 they are parting out?