Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #1  

Dbplunk

Tractor
Kubota MX5100
A Kubota dealership near me suggests a 6' Land Pride RCR 18 series mower, for $3600-ish. I don't have that big of a farm and would be happy with a sturdy 5' mower, maybe even a 4 footer.
I'm primarily trying to keep the brush under control that sprouts up around my out-buildings, driveways, and fence lines. I'm getting older and would like to get something compatible with a "Quick-Hitch."

I'm scouring this forum, now, for previous questions like this, but thought I'd throw this out now. Thanks for any tips.

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #2  
I have a LandPride 6 foot on my MX5200 and it works fine.

Andy

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #4  
You won’t want anything smaller than 6’ behind an MX.

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #5  
You don't want any smaller than a 6',I have one that is used with a L4240.
Hard part is the PTO ,not the three point.Service the slip clutch every spring.

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #6  
Price sounds high. You can get a Brown 416 for not much more and it’s 1000 times better

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #7  
A Kubota dealership near me suggests a 6' Land Pride RCR 18 series mower, for $3600-ish. I don't have that big of a farm and would be happy with a sturdy 5' mower, maybe even a 4 footer.
I'm primarily trying to keep the brush under control that sprouts up around my out-buildings, driveways, and fence lines. I'm getting older and would like to get something compatible with a "Quick-Hitch."

I'm scouring this forum, now, for previous questions like this, but thought I'd throw this out now. Thanks for any tips.
How much acreage are you going to mow? One thing the forums is good at is spending other people’s money. Up until this year I mowed 50 acres with a 5’ landpride. Works fine.

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #8  
Get a mower wider than the rear tires. If the mower is narrower than the tires you will never mow close to the fence line of ditch bank. I have a 7 ft offset flail mower on my MX5200. The offset mount kicks the mower over so it's about even with the left tire and sticking 10-12" past the right tire so I can mow close to fences, trees, the creek edge...whatever.
I use a Quick Attach. Similar but different. You may have to extend your toplink and PTO for the QA hitch.

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #9  
Get a mower wider than the rear tires. If the mower is narrower than the tires you will never mow close to the fence line of ditch bank. I have a 7 ft offset flail mower on my MX5200. The offset mount kicks the mower over so it's about even with the left tire and sticking 10-12" past the right tire so I can mow close to fences, trees, the creek edge...whatever.
I use a Quick Attach. Similar but different. You may have to extend your toplink and PTO for the QA hitch.
This^^^^^^. But I don’t have a quick hitch and I get along fine. I love the telescoping lift arms.

/ Buying Advice: Rotary cutter for Kubota MX 5100 #10  
I'm getting older and would like to get something compatible with a "Quick-Hitch."
Land Pride is 100% owned by Kubota. Have no concern about a new Land Pride rotary cutter being compatible with a Kubota tractor equipped with a new Land Pride Quick-Hitch.