Buying implements online in Canada?

/ Buying implements online in Canada? #1  

Max2310

Silver Member
Tractor
GC2310 2008
Does anyone have a good resource for buying implements online? Every time I call my dealer to get some info on implements, I feel like it takes for ever for them to get back to me. I try to avoid buying from the States because you never how much you'll be charge when crossing the borders. Ebay is not my thing

I'm near Ottawa so if anyone knows a good place around here where I could go in person, I would also like to hear about it.

Thanks for anyone input! Note that I also have that same problem for parts for my Jap. SUV :)

/ Buying implements online in Canada? #2  
I have not yet found a good online source of implements here (Ottawa area) but I have found the farm fleet site has a priced catalogue and flyers that are very helpfull with specs and pricing for comparison -- a lot of the local dealers seem to deal with FarmFleet.
home
PM me if you want further info on local dealers.
regards

/ Buying implements online in Canada? #3  
I have not yet found a good online source of implements here (Ottawa area) but I have found the farm fleet site has a priced catalogue and flyers that are very helpfull with specs and pricing for comparison -- a lot of the local dealers seem to deal with FarmFleet.
home
PM me if you want further info on local dealers.
regards

While Farm Fleet has a nice catalogue packed with lots of implements they are very expensive. You can almost always purchase items state side and pay the exchange rate and shipping and still save some money. If you have last years catalogue you will notice that they did not lower any prices even though our dollars we almost at par for most of the year. Your best bet is to go to a farm show and speak directly with the manufacturers/distributors arange to buy and have the implement you want shipped directly to your dealer at a predetermined price. That's if you want to buy new, otherwise shop kijiji and craiglist.

/ Buying implements online in Canada? #4  
Agreed -- the FarmFleet catalogue has expensive prices but remember those are list -- in all cases I have found there is negotiating room and I was just trying to say it is one comparison price (even if it is the high side comparator:eek:)-- most places do not even give you a price without "sales input". I have bought stuff in the U.S. and brought it back but have found that now the exchange is back to 80 cents the deals have also dried up a little. The best deals and worst deals are at farm auctions -- sometimes you see things go for higher than retail and sometimes for scrap prices. -- JMHO
regards

/ Buying implements online in Canada?
Thanks for the FarmFleet link! It is expensive but at least it gives an idea.

Does anyone know if there a way to know how much you will be charged at customs? I'm not a big fan of buying online since I really like seeing before buying but I still haven't found a good place to go/shop so I'm seriously looking for options.

About Farm auctions, where would they be advertised?

/ Buying implements online in Canada? #7  
Does anyone know if there a way to know how much you will be charged at customs?
Call them and ask.
I know you will be charged PST and GST
Car parts have no duty. Not sure about implements.

Last edited:
   / Buying implements online in Canada? #8  
About Farm auctions, where would they be advertised?
Try a site called theauctionfever -- lists most of the auctions in eastern Ontario and western Quebec. A lot of the auctions are also advertised in the EMC newspaper.
Stuff I brought back was tax, no duty

/ Buying implements online in Canada? #9  
I almost forgot. Keep an eye on this site. They get all sorts of stuff each month. The sale format has recently changed. Used to be you had to go to the warehouse to bid on the first Thursday or Friday of the month to view and bid. Now now you can bid online. I kinda like the old way better. They used to bring all the stuff to Ottawa.

/ Buying implements online in Canada? #10  
Check out Brindley auction service in Dungannon Ont.
I haven't bought anything from them but they got some neat stuff, some new.
Great site to waste some time checking out the listings. Their "buy it now" prices seem pretty reasonable on most stuff.