Buying Kioti CX2510 or LS MT225s

/ Buying Kioti CX2510 or LS MT225s #1  

dustin3207

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1602D
I narrowed it down to two tractors in the 25hp range.
The goods and the bads.

Kioti: the manufacturer has been around for a long time with growth.👍🏻
I am 6’-4” and the steering wheel is in my lap(good thing I don’t have a belly), the pedals are really close, so much it’s hard for me to pick up the front of my foot to push the go pedals.👎🏻
no dual brakes👎🏻
The hydraulic hoses for the FEL are on the outside of the FEL rear support arm.👎🏻

LS: the manufacturer has been around a while, but not as long as kioti. 👎🏻
The cockpit has plenty of room for my long legs.👍🏻
It does have dual brakes.👍🏻
The FEL hoses arm on the inside of the rear FEL support arm(better protection)👍🏻
The PTO HP is higher than the Kioti👍🏻

After all the research and sitting on all the 25hp tractors, TYM/Branson,Yanmar, Kioti, and LS. I think I found my tractor!
It’s the MT225s that fits me and my budget the best. I hope this helps someone decide on their tractor. 😁

/ Buying Kioti CX2510 or LS MT225s #2  
Did you look at the MT225HE? Not much more money, but a dramatic increase in size and some capability.

I have first hand experience with the MT125, MT225S, and the MT225E. They are all capable machines, but the capabilities increase with each of the size increases.

And there are some strange differences.....for instance:

The 125 and the 225-S have the same loader specs, the 225-E has 600 lbs greater lift with a bucket almost a third bigger.
If you get a BH, the 225-S and the 225-E have basically the same specs, the 125's BH is quite a bit less diggi force.
PTO HP is relatively the same ....

You don't mention what you will specifically using the tractor for.... that could make a difference.

If you need more specific answers.... ask away!

Last edited:
   / Buying Kioti CX2510 or LS MT225s
Did you look at the MT225HE? Not much more money, but a dramatic increase in size.

I have first hand experience with the MT125, MT225S, and the MT225E. They are all capable machines, but the capabilities increase with each of the size increases.

You don't mention what you will specifically using the tractor for.... that could make a difference.

If you need more specific answers.... ask away!
I’ll be doing new lawns, driveways, garden tilling, brush mowing, and light FEL work.
Nothing huge, just trying to start a little side gig.

/ Buying Kioti CX2510 or LS MT225s #4  
The LS MT225S is an extremely nice little tractor; well laid out, with a lot of room for the operator.

/ Buying Kioti CX2510 or LS MT225s #5  
I started looking at 25 HP Bransons in 2021 and had some trades. As a result of wanting to trade, I wound up with an LS dealer who took trades. I wanted old school technology but the owner of the business said that I would be happier with the MT2-25s model which is hydro and full of whistles and bells.

I thought about what was bugging me about my then current 2016 Branson 2400 and the LS model mentioned solved all those problems with ground to spare.

You owe it to yourself to test drive a Mt2-25s.

/ Buying Kioti CX2510 or LS MT225s #9  
You might want to look at some of the Massey options. Their smaller tractors share a lot in common with popular brands and in many cases are really just a rebranded TYM or some other similar manufacturer from Japan like Iseki.

/ Buying Kioti CX2510 or LS MT225s #10  
You might want to look at some of the Massey options. Their smaller tractors share a lot in common with popular brands and in many cases are really just a rebranded TYM or some other similar manufacturer from Japan like Iseki.
LS builds Massey tractors.