BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers

/ BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #31  
Bought my new BX 23s last month, it came with the 54" Mid mount mower. I have a long swail on one side of my lawn that has a bit of a pitch and wanted to get some wheel spacers for the back wheels for a bit more stability. I saw all the online higher end wheel spacers, but also read about getting jeep wheel spacers off of amazon. After some research I found that with the 54" mower you are limited to 1.25" spacers (you can see in pics why). So for 1.25" I didn't feel like spending $200+ when amazon was selling wheel spacers for a road going vehicle that is much heavier than my little BX23s. So I searched amazon, found the right sized spacer for the BX and plunked down $39.95 (free shipping w/ Prime). Well, they fit fine and so far so good. I will say one thing, the rear tires filled with whatever liquid they use weigh a deceiving amount! I am a capable guy, but I just barely got those things off the ground to maneuver them- the outriggers on the BH were a huge help to get the tractor at the perfect height to reinstall the tires. Easy install, you will need thin walled sockets - total time less than half an hour.

slfuGD1.jpg

g0cxGAJ.jpg

A1FfELQ.jpg

7ExPMHp.jpg
These spacers are not in stock. Has anyone found a current source?

/ BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #32  
These spacers are not in stock. Has anyone found a current source?
It seems like 1.25 inch spacers are hard to find at least in the quantity of two.

What size are you looking for? I bought the following 2” ones for my son-in-law‘s BX 23S last July and they look to still be available for around $45 plus sales tax delivered free.

2 QTY Wheel Spacers Adapters 2" fits all 5x4.5 (5x114.3) Hubcentric vehicle to 5x4.5 wheel bolt patterns with 1/2-20 threads - Compatible with Jeep Wrangler TJ Cherokee Liberty

2 QTY Wheel Spacers Adapters 2" fits all 5x4.5 (5x114.3) Hubcentric vehicle to 5x4.5 wheel bolt patterns with 1/2-20 threads - Compatible with Jeep Wrangler TJ Cherokee Liberty - Walmart.com

/ BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #34  
I think that you just convinced me what my next purchase is going to be :) - did you do spacers on front and rear ? I don't have a MMM so I may be able to go a bit bigger even. Extra stability is always good. Thanks for posting. It looks good.

/ BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #35  
I think that you just convinced me what my next purchase is going to be :) - did you do spacers on front and rear ? I don't have a MMM so I may be able to go a bit bigger even. Extra stability is always good. Thanks for posting. It looks good.
I think it is generally accepted that spacers on the rear offer the greatest benefit, and spacers on the front can add stress to the front axle, so may be best avoided.

My opinion is it would be better to skip front spacers and add extra width to the rear in their place.

With these cheap, but actually well made, spacers, if you get hub centric ones, you could double them up and end up with fairly wide spacers at not much expense. Use blue locktite on the studs/nuts though. You cannot easily access them to check tightness, so locktite them and torque properly, even if you only use one spacer...

edit: Blue Locktite is considered removable, as compared to other colors that are much more permanent.

Last edited:
   / BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #36  
Thank You for the great information

/ BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #37  
Just put the 1.5” aluminum on my BX2350 60inch mmm and it made a huge difference. I’m so glad I found this forum.

Attachments

• C79A63E4-8B15-45E2-B5C0-5D0BA001DE57.jpeg
    C79A63E4-8B15-45E2-B5C0-5D0BA001DE57.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
   / BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #38  
Just put the 1.5” aluminum on my BX2350 60inch mmm and it made a huge difference. I’m so glad I found this forum.

/ BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #39  
I don’t see anyone here addressing the issue of the added stress on the axles due to wheel spacers.

I have an older BX-23 which I bought used in 2015. For the sake of added stability I bought and installed a pair of 3” Bro-Tek wheel spacers. Five years later I had a very expensive repair. The added bending moment on the axles caused a fatigue failure that not only broke an axle, but snapped the end off the very pricey aluminum housing that the axle rides in. Further, the tractor was jerked sideways by the loss of one back wheel and hit a tree. My employee who was using the tractor said that the impact was such that if he hadn’t been wearing the seat belt, he’d have been thrown off the tractor. (And it wasn’t even going very fast – it was in low range.)

Maybe the newer models have a larger diameter axle and can accommodate the added bending moment, but you really should check with Kubota to see what they recommend.

/ BX 23s Amazon Wheel spacers #40  
I don’t see anyone here addressing the issue of the added stress on the axles due to wheel spacers.

I have an older BX-23 which I bought used in 2015. For the sake of added stability I bought and installed a pair of 3” Bro-Tek wheel spacers. Five years later I had a very expensive repair. The added bending moment on the axles caused a fatigue failure that not only broke an axle, but snapped the end off the very pricey aluminum housing that the axle rides in. Further, the tractor was jerked sideways by the loss of one back wheel and hit a tree. My employee who was using the tractor said that the impact was such that if he hadn’t been wearing the seat belt, he’d have been thrown off the tractor. (And it wasn’t even going very fast – it was in low range.)

Maybe the newer models have a larger diameter axle and can accommodate the added bending moment, but you really should check with Kubota to see what they recommend.

Holy smokes, Stricker, that is quite a story! I put 2 inch Bro-Tek wheel spacers on my 2009 BX25, and I haven’t had any problems at all.