Grading BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411 #1  

quarencia

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230 & B3200
I read many posts looking for Gator blade info on BX 60" mmm and the trail always confuses me and is never definitive. I've pieced all the Gator blade info together as best I can to post in one place.

First, not all Gator blades are equal. They come in standard, Mulcher, Hi-Lift, and Mulcher Magnum with 3-in-1 and Fusion technologies available in each model. This makes around 36 different blade types in the Gator Family. Not all of these are available in every size. The Oregon catalog lists 8 different Gator blades that will (or can easily be made to) work on the BX 60" mmm.

The following table lists the Kubota and Gator part numbers available for Kubota BX 60" mmm decks that will work with and without bushings. I've also defined each of the blade types and technologies available.

View attachment BX 60 mmm Gator Blades.pdf

Looking at this, you'll see that the 96-612 Gator Mulcher 3-in-1 is the best direct replacement, but it is not a high lift blade and does not have the Fusion cutting edge. To get these features you'll have to get the 496-787 Gator Mulcher 3-in-1 Magnum Fusion and use a bushing.

I've tried to get this as accurate as possible. If there are any mistakes, let me know and I'll correct them.

Hope this helps someone,
Russ

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411 #2  
Wow, very nice job of distilling this information. Care to do the same for the 54" deck :D

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411 #3  
Very nice job indeed. Thank-you very much.
I am using the 96-612. Bolts right on, edges are very close to the edge of the deck. Very sharp blade...absolutely batters the leaves.
Thanks again!

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411
I thought about the other decks just before I posted this. I had to go back and add 60" to everything. Obviously I have the 60" deck.

If anyone cares to put this together for the other decks, the link to most of the Oregon data is at Oregon brand Fusionョ and Gator Mulcher Lawn mower Blades

Details beyond what's at this page will take some searching. Good luck & Godspeed...

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411 #5  
Thank you for taking the time to round up all this info into a PDF. I downloaded it into my BX24 folder with my other relevant documentation.

I don't have any complaints with Kubota blades for mowing, but I am looking for a Fall season blade that will chop leaves finer and (hopefully) make for less trips to the dump pile...:eek::D

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411 #6  
quarencia,

Where did you get the Kubota OEM blade numbers from? I have looked at my deck manual as well as the blades themselves and can't find a part number for them. Surprises me that Kubota doesn't provide a replacement blade part number in their deck owners manual (or I'm just blind).

PS - I have gators for my wheel horse and really like them for cleaning up the leaves in the fall. Between the gators and my cyclone rake, dry leaves are almost reduced to powder. Would like to be able to do the same using the BX.

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411 #7  
Thanks - this was very informative. I also made a copy of the file. However, seeing the 3 different blades kubota has got me thinking. Which blade do I HAVE ? I am going to assume i have the standard blades, it does a good job, but like to know what are my options. Does anyone have pics of the standard and hi lift blades for the 60" MMM ? I am sure the hi lift have wings on back side.

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411
Where did you get the Kubota OEM blade numbers from? I have looked at my deck manual as well as the blades themselves and can't find a part number for them. Surprises me that Kubota doesn't provide a replacement blade part number in their deck owners manual (or I'm just blind). BX.

I got the Kubota part numbers from TBN'rs here and from the parts list for the deck. Kubotabooks.com has the parts lists for 60", 54", & 54" for the 1500 deck. From what I've read here, I think most decks come with the high-lift blades. I have confirmed these with several online lookups and my dealer. This only means they could still be wrong!:)

I too was surprised that Kubota didn't supply part numbers for consumable parts in the owners manual. If it's a regular maintenance part, it should be listed with a part number in the owners manual.

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411 #9  
I got the Kubota part numbers from TBN'rs here and from the parts list for the deck. Kubotabooks.com has the parts lists for 60", 54", & 54" for the 1500 deck. From what I've read here, I think most decks come with the high-lift blades. I have confirmed these with several online lookups and my dealer. This only means they could still be wrong!:)

I too was surprised that Kubota didn't supply part numbers for consumable parts in the owners manual. If it's a regular maintenance part, it should be listed with a part number in the owners manual.

Thanks for the lead - will take a look at what's available on Kubotabooks.com.

/ BX 60" mmm Gator Blade 411 #10  
Has anyone determined which Gator blade will work with, or can 'easily' be adapted to work with, the RCK54-23BX deck? I picked up a set of Gators (p/n 396748) and the center hole is too small. The local machine shop said "no way you can drill that out" and said it would have to be bored out to the tune of $150.00.