BX Front Snowblower Annual Maintenance - Video

/ BX Front Snowblower Annual Maintenance - Video #1  

killingitcountry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I quit winter - so I did the maintenance already. My blower is a BX2755HD ... this may be the same for many other models. Hope it helps someone.

- James

/ BX Front Snowblower Annual Maintenance - Video #2  
I enjoyed watching your video. I am wondering what method you use to replace the oil drain plug in that impossible location. Looks like you stick your hand in the hole below it and the other one in the small one above, hold your tongue, left eye, right elbow and right knee at the correct angle and voila, no problem. Looks like you fast forwarded through that part. Must have been to cover up the colourful language. Did you try tilting the blower on its front or end to make replacing the bolt easier? Nipigonite

/ BX Front Snowblower Annual Maintenance - Video #3  
When you attempted to grease the drive shaft bearings you didn’t get the grease into the bearing it all went between the bearing outside race and the cast iron housing. Very common problem especially on small light duty bearings.
I gave up many years ago greasing pillow Block bearings, either the grease goes between the housing and the bearing like yours did or you grease too much and blow the seals out.
I have found they are greased from the factory and leave well enough alone.