BX1500: using med mower and rear tiller back and forth

/ BX1500: using med mower and rear tiller back and forth #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
I can't find the thread but some months ago I asked for help in being able to lower my mower to mow while still have a 32" tiller attached at the rear. The anser is you CAN in a sense use the mid mower with a tiller attached by judicious use of the top lock knob for the hydraujlic lift. You you life everything up high, lock the knb, and try to lower the mower. Maybe loosen the top lock knob a bit and fool around. You CAN get the tiller to stay high and you can lower the mower a bit and can mow maybe 5 or 6 inches high. Better than nothing.

But removing the rear tiller from the lifting arms and locking it to the provided hooks is a better solution. This way the tiller stays moderatlely high and is not affected by the up down lever; you can use the mower normally. It is a bit of a chore, but you detach the tiller from the rear arms and pin it to the two provided holes nearby:

1683572471441.jpeg

1683572528416.jpeg

/ BX1500: using med mower and rear tiller back and forth #2  
Sounds good but I didn't think removing and reinstalling a PTO tiller was a big deal.

/ BX1500: using med mower and rear tiller back and forth #3  
Late to the party but if the Kubota tiller is like the Deere I use with my 955 compact utility, the key to easy mounting of the tiller is to attach the lift arms and then the PTO shaft. With the Deere compact, the PTO shaft is locked with the PTO shut off and driving the tractor a few inches forward causes the tiller to roll from its parked position so that the top link lines up perfectly at the previously used adjustment for easy attachment.

Using this method, it is easy to mount/unmount the tiller in under a minute. Before I figured out the PTO shaft hookup trick it was a longer process that required far more effort on my part.

Rodger