BX2200 3ph Not Lifting

/ BX2200 3ph Not Lifting #1  

Tom_H

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
The 3ph is not lifting. I had just put on the FEL, and had had some difficulty getting one pin sleeve aligned. There was also some difficulty getting the FEL to respond to the hydro stick. I checked UDT which was low, and filled it. FEL then worked fine, but 3ph will not lift. I took off both rear tires and cleaned out a lot of debris stuffed up in the rear from some brush hogging. The 3ph lever connects to a long rod which passes through a brass ring. There are springs on each side of the rod, to the left and right of the brass ring. There is a double nut stop to the left of the left spring (rod is threaded here), and a set screw barrel bolt stop to the right of the right spring (rod is not threaded here). I cannot see any kind of connection to a mechanical or electronic actuator. I cannot see where this rod connects to anything else, except an anchor point, and the brass ring is not connected to any type actuator either.

When the 3ph lever is pulled, the linkage does rotate the anchor point that I mentioned above; it seems that it may be some type of rocker arm. This anchor point seems to be a rod of about 3/4" dia. which seems to run from the right rear of the tractor to the left. While squatting on the right rear and looking at all the linkage pieces that are normally behind the tire, this rod runs straight ahead, on what is called the Z axis in 3 dimensional cartesian mathematics. This rod does rotate, but to what it is connected, I cannot tell. It appears to pass through what seems to be a larger part of the hydraulic fluid reservoir, and possibly the pump.

I am thinking that the fluid may have gotten too low and that a piece of debris jammed the valve. Another possibility is that the rod that runs front and back connects to something that I am not seeing that has become disconnected.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ BX2200 3ph Not Lifting #2  
Well, since you just hooked up the FEL, and now the 3PT isn't working, I'd put the bucket on the ground, disconnect the lines from the FEL. and see if that fixes the 3PT. Maybe one of the lines isn't fully connected?

The linkage you described is the autoreturn adjustment for the 3PT lever. It's connected to the mid-mount mower linkage. The anchor point is the valve control. If that is rotating, then the valve is likely working.

I'm assuming that the 3PT was working while brush hogging?

/ BX2200 3ph Not Lifting #3  
I echo what David said.

The hydraulic fluid has to flow through the FEL circuit before it gets to the 3PH circuit as they are plumbed in series. Could be something in the power beyond port/connector of the FEL joystick.
Good luck
Dave

/ BX2200 3ph Not Lifting
Thanks guys, you were correct. One of the lines to the FEL wasn't completely coupled.