BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #1  

DmaxDan

Tractor
2003 BX2200
Hi, New here and i hope im asking the right question but i just got a BX22 series recently and couldn't be happier, although with my lack of knowledge i do not know if this is normal or not.

When in 4wd i will hear and feel like a clicking noise from under my feet and ill also feel it as it happens.

Never in 2wd.

the longer i use 4wd the more consistent it becomes.

i looked around here and seen others suggesting its the plastic shroud on the front but i checked it and it doesnt seem to be making contact with the shaft at any point.

thank you!

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #2  
Do you know if the 4wd is actually working (ie: are you in mud or something where you can see the front tire working)?

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling
yeah i can get the front tires spinning

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #4  
Don’t use 4wd on dry pavement.

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #5  
Does it click in 4wd when going in reverse?

Have you been greasing the zerks along the front drieshaft and any other front end zerks?

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #6  
It could be the roll pins coming out of the u-joint and hitting the cover. I had that happening to me on a an older B7000. It actually pierced a couple holes on the cover and I had to remake the cover.

i only use 4wd in the dirt when 2wd isnt enough,
And yeah it clicks in reverse too.
i greased all the zerks when i first got it (about 6hrs of use since then)

ill have to check out the roll pins, thanks!

/ BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #8  
I own one BX2200 and maintain another one. Neither one has such clicking in 4WD. As others said there may be something protruding from the shaft or u-joints getting power to the front wheels. The fact that you feel it underfoot is significant.

That settles it, i wont use 4wd until i find the issue, i dont want to risk damaging it or damaging it further.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / BX2200 4WD Click/Clunk noise and feeling #10  
The forward drive shaft turns in 2wd and 4wd so whatever is going on may be loading-related and not just protruding parts. Good idea to avoid 4wd since that's when you notice it, but you may want to chase it down ASAP in any event. If something is getting cockeyed under load it may surprise you at some point when not in 4wd.

my $.02,
Zoltan