BX2200 Axle Seal Leak

/ BX2200 Axle Seal Leak #1  

diesel85

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Well, I'm due for another set of axle seals and bearings... These lasted longer than the originals by 1600 hours (beat by 300 hours).

However, I'm a little upset. Not because I don't want to do the job, it's the fact I just serviced this machine with new SUDT2 and filter and it's only got 6 hours on the new fluid. I don't dare dump the fluid and try to reuse it in case a piece of debris falls into it, and I just don't like doing that.

I guess I'm going the screw over the planet a little bit this time around...

The job itself, is actually quite relaxing... but I'm just mad that I am throwing away essentially new fluid.

Lucky me... I got my fluid on a discount with the Kubota coupon.

/ BX2200 Axle Seal Leak #2  
Well, I'm due for another set of axle seals and bearings... These lasted longer than the originals by 1600 hours (beat by 300 hours).

However, I'm a little upset. Not because I don't want to do the job, it's the fact I just serviced this machine with new SUDT2 and filter and it's only got 6 hours on the new fluid. I don't dare dump the fluid and try to reuse it in case a piece of debris falls into it, and I just don't like doing that.

I guess I'm going the screw over the planet a little bit this time around...

The job itself, is actually quite relaxing... but I'm just mad that I am throwing away essentially new fluid.

Lucky me... I got my fluid on a discount with the Kubota coupon.

Would be nice if you could take a few pictures and give a short write up of the procedure when you do it. :)

Unfortunate you just changed the SUDT2...

/ BX2200 Axle Seal Leak #3  
Use a large plastic mortar mixing trough like available at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Holds about six gallons. Drain into it and the use a large plastic container to pour it into a plastic funnel that has a filter.

/ BX2200 Axle Seal Leak
Yeah, I actually have large clean drain pans that hold 5-6 gallons. I just bought more SUDT2 and got my parts.

Fortunately since it's warmed up more, it's not leaking as bad. Maybe 2-3 drops a day. I'm going to put a couple hours on this fluid then do the job. I got all the parts I need. So it's not going to be a rush job.

I always check oil, hydraulic fluid, coolant before starting my equipment. Just a habit working on a farm and operating heavy equipment.