BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #1  

tshep

Gold Member
Tractor
BX23 MLB
As above...
I have the print, but it doesn't have a wiring location diagram.
I have 2-10 in. connectors w/o fuses, and 24 in. connectors w/fuse.
I would rather find a protected place under/near the hood than under the battery grille (easier to get to in snow).
I expect connectors not long term UV protected.
Anyone know a best location?

THX

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #2  
   / BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #3  
On my Bx25 I routed a 24" extension up and under dash, under the hood, next to the latch. I have to pop the hood to utilize it but Im fine with that, the 5-6 times a year I use it. They also make ports if your willing to drill a hole somewhere on the dash.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ery-tender-plug-port-bx.html?highlight=Tender
This is what I did on my BX25D except I mounted it on the right side. Yes you drill a hole in the plastic shroud but so what... it is super clean and handy and looks like an OEM option. No dangling wires which I lived with for a year before drilling the hole. I plug my Battery Tender in regularly because it is so easy with a jack on the 'dash'.

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #4  
Just gotb a marine grade lighter plug and put it on side of dash panel connected direct to battery with fuse. Plug cell charger into it, electric sprayer or battery charger, no need to remove cover.

David

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location
I wasn't clear enough...
I'm looking for the best electrical connection points, and the connector lengths are kinda' secondary to that.

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #6  
Last night I had to replace the battery in my BX2660 (the battery tender was not keeping the 8 yr old original battery up to par anymore) So while I installed the new one , I put the clamp on leads from the battery tender on the terminals too , and slid the battery in and checked and I see the clamps don't touch anything , and I drilled a hole in side of dashboard and ran the two prong plug out the side, now I can plug in tender anytime I feel need without having to pull the battery out to access the terminals. I hope my simple way works out. I can't see why it wouldn't by leaving clamps on . I guess I could cut the clamps off and put circle terminals and use the terminal bolts instead eventually.

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #7  
I wasn't clear enough...
I'm looking for the best electrical connection points, and the connector lengths are kinda' secondary to that.
The best point is a permanent pigtail connection to the battery. Then either a short or long length from there to a convenient plug receptacle that you plug the tender cord into.

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #8  
It's funny, but I have had my BX25 for eight years now, and I have never charged the battery, nor used a battery tender. Starts every time, and the winters get down to as low as 30 or even 40 below!

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #9  
you just jinxed yourself !! .........but eight year old battery and vibration will eventually strike. CTC had a 630 crank amp battery for $129 Cdn that was right physical size to fit in the box below the dash, your Toronto location had me suggesting CTC.

/ BX23 Battery Tender Connection Location #10  
Lazy man's approach: pigtail rings under the battery terminal bolts. Pigtail connector pokes out under the bottom of the battery/air intake screen.

Been that way for years on my BX24. Inelegant but it works.

Z.