BX24 MMM lift to top fails

/ BX24 MMM lift to top fails #1  

radioman

Tractor
Kubota BX24
My BX24 MMM lift is not working the way it should. I can raise and lower the MMM with no problem. I just can't get it to lift all the way to top so i can turn the knob to TOP . I also noticed that when driving with the MMM lifted as high as it will go, it bounces against the stops and it drives me nuts!! HELP !

The 3 point hitch works fine, the fluids is not low, MMM up and down works, no binding. I noticed if I take the deck off and then lift all the way till it stops, I need to push up by hand on the MMM frame and hold while I turn the knob to top position, It works just fine and it seems there is no binding. The framework don't appear to be bent, but then I could be wrong. The first time I noticed this I adjusted the bolt in the back of the BX and had to turn in all the way and I was able to get the MMM to go to TOP postion twice and then problem came back!! argh! What am I missing here ? I need some ideas now what to check or how to fix ? Is a valve broken or shaft broken or something simalar ? :confused::(

/ BX24 MMM lift to top fails #2  
??? Got me scratching my head....

I think it's the same set-up as on my M-F GC2300-series; if there's no binding in the back on the 3PH (have a look- do the 3PH arms go all the way to the top?), and assuming the hydraulic control system is OK, have you checked the adjustment links on the MMM lowering arms? I know I had to crank mine up quite a bit to get full "raise" capability. Other than that-- :confused:

I'll be following this post to see what you come up with- I may end up with the same problem in the future; good luck!

Attachments

• MMM adjust link.JPG
    MMM adjust link.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 186
   / BX24 MMM lift to top fails
The 3 pt does seem to go all the way up. The adjustment for yours appears to be right on the MMM lowering arms. The BX MMM adjustment appears to be in back near the 3pt hitch. I am not sure if the hydralics is ok- it appears to be for the 3 pt but feels spongy on the MMM I think.

/ BX24 MMM lift to top fails #4  
Again, the BX might be different, but mine has only one active rod, which passes right behind the right rear tire and goes to the MMM frame; it's bolted directly to the 3PH arms, so if they work, the MMM frame has to go up & down with them.

Any possibility the jam nut has loosened up on that rod link? The 2310 has a spec on the exposed threads (15 mm) which is where it has to be to fully lift the MMM frame....

Attachments

• MMM linkage-1.JPG
    MMM linkage-1.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 233
  • MMM linkage-2.JPG
    MMM linkage-2.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 221
   / BX24 MMM lift to top fails #5  
Not likely that this is a hydraulic or 3ph problem. All that annoying bouncing you mentioned just moves things out of adjustment over time. The bx24 has one less adjustment point than the MF or many other BXs. It only adjusts in the rear where it attaches to the 3PH arm. I had a similar problem on my bx2230, but the lift mechanism on the 2230 is similar to the MF irvingj shows.

These are pictures of the BX24 lift arm and attachments.
View attachment bx24 Deck Link 1.bmp View attachment bx24 Deck Link 2.bmp

This is an old post I made showing the 2230 lift mechanism.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/99141-bx-mmm-top-lock-questions.html

There are more posts out there on the subject. Only solution I've ever seen is to grind down the tang that engages the height adjustment wheel. I didn't like that solution. If or when I ever get a good solution, I'll post it.

irving and quarencia, thanks for the pics. After removing the deck and power washing everything I got underneath and checked everything. i literally took a straight edge and checked all levers, arms, pivots, ect. Everything looks good and true. I ended up taking the bolt stop adustment out all the way and took the nut off and put it on the other side of the arm and readjusted. Now everything seems to be working the way it should. no bounce, it lifts an inch higher then before. Ill be testing it this week to see if it moves down again or not. I mowed for 15 mins and then lifted back to top position and everything seems to be fine for now.

This begs the question, What the heck happened ? I literally needed 2 inches of adjustment and what caused it to move that much?

/ BX24 MMM lift to top fails #7  
radioman, could you post a pic of what you switched around? i have the same problem and would like to understand the solution.

amp

amp- certainly! here are the pictures . The only problem is my camera is unable to show the nut i put on the other side. camera doesnt fit in small space. You can just take the nut out and leave it out. I wish I took the before pics before I made the adjustment though.

What I did was I removed the deck, power washed everything and checked everything. I removed the nut that was acting like a extra stop and I put it on the other side (carefull it will pinch your fingers even with deck off). For saftey's sake, you can just leave out the nut. I wanted it on the other side so I can find it again in future if I ever needed it again. Then I put the deck back on and then raised the deck as high as it will go. I proceeded to "tighten" the both(screw in) until the deck was at the right height. However, one thing you need to be careful of is that when making the adjustment you need to watch I(back and forth) the rear deck arms on one side of the rail. The area I am talking about is the one i am pointing my finger with. That is with deck all the way down. When you raise it, you want to have about 1/2 inch or less of space between the floor and arm to prevent the bounce. any more space will bounce, any less , I think it will damage the floorboard it if went too high.

If I had to do this again, I wouldnt take the deck off but It would help you to understand how everything works underneath. I would have lowered the deck on 4X4 block in rear. Then take the bolt stop out and discard the nut. then raise it off the block and adjust the bolt.

Hope this helps.:)

Attachments

• side view hieght adjustment.jpg
    side view hieght adjustment.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 215
  • rear arm under deck.jpg
    rear arm under deck.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 305
  • mower top height adjustment.jpg
    mower top height adjustment.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 402
   / BX24 MMM lift to top fails #9  
Woo-hoo! Glad ya got it!

Were you talking about the nut around part number 050 in the lower of quarencia's two drawings?

yup - basically 060 removed from 050.