BX2660 Fuel Filters and Fuel Pump

/ BX2660 Fuel Filters and Fuel Pump #1  

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
I put fuel in my BX2660 and the fuel nozzle was full of lady bugs. This was 1 1/2 years ago. After cleaning tank it ran good until this year. There must of been 3 to 6 I didn't get out. Had to pull mower off and blow back into tank, removed 2 or 3 bugs. Ran good for about a week then had to do the same sh$$ again. This time I moved the filter and pump up front. Now I can blow line out at the 1st filter. In the picture you well see one inline filter and bowl with filter, I put that on right after I got the tractor.
The other picture is how I fixed the rap around from braking. One side was broke and the other side was cracked.

The last one is of my little buddy.

Attachments

• IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    582.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1860.JPG
    IMG_1860.JPG
    573.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1865.JPG
    IMG_1865.JPG
    468.6 KB · Views: 137
   / BX2660 Fuel Filters and Fuel Pump #2  
Neat idea about moving the lift pump and the fuel filters around.

/ BX2660 Fuel Filters and Fuel Pump #3  
I had a similar problem with my BX2660. I ended up cutting a square hole in the tank's top and fishing out the offending critters in lieu of spending a couple of days taking the tractor apart to get to the tank. I made an aluminum piece to fit around the hole's perimeter, threaded it to receive screws to hold a plate in place, and sealed it with black silicone. Still a PIA, but better than the alternative. I also made a screen to fit into the fuel fill so it didn't happen again.