By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #93  
I seriously can't think of a good reason to get off the seat while the tractor is in gear!. if it's in gear, the tractor SHOULD shut down if you get off the seat!. common sense!..

I need to stand to see the tines of the forks when inserting under a pallet and to see the connectors when hitching up FEL attachments.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #94  
I need to stand to see the tines of the forks when inserting under a pallet and to see the connectors when hitching up FEL attachments.

radio thinks it's safer to stand on the seat.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #95  
Hello all.
Lot of good ideas being exchanged here. I haven't been on for a number of years. I've read so much safety stuff all my life even I would agree that there is a good part of the population that wouldn't know how to pour the golden liquid out of a boot without instructions. That's a good one. What to do with the seat kill switch - I would remember that someone else might be using your tractor that owns that boot that was mentioned. :laughing:

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #96  
Hello all.
Lot of good ideas being exchanged here. I haven't been on for a number of years. I've read so much safety stuff all my life even I would agree that there is a good part of the population that wouldn't know how to pour the golden liquid out of a boot without instructions. That's a good one. What to do with the seat kill switch - I would remember that someone else might be using your tractor that owns that boot that was mentioned. :laughing:

Guess I shouldn't loan my 2N out, it doesn't have a safety switch.
I am amazed it hasn't killed anyone in it's 70+ year life.

No ROPS either.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #97  
Guess I shouldn't loan my 2N out, it doesn't have a safety switch.
I am amazed it hasn't killed anyone in it's 70+ year life.

No ROPS either.

Same with my old John Deere.

Matter of fact, the seat on the old Deere pivots back and out of the way...it's designed that way so standing up while driving is more comfortable. Before I got my Kubota, when I spent hours on the John Deere mowing I did it standing up. The terrain I mow is very rough and I rode the John Deere like I do a dirt bike - using my knees as suspension for my body. Now, after hours bouncing around in the cab of the Kubota I find myself wishing the cab was tall enough that I could stand up in it also.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #98  
Re: By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's

I don't have a seat safety switch (never had one) and like it that way.

Same here. My LK has a switch which requires the clutch to be in to start, and I'm OK with that. My old JD 750 wouldn't start if the PTO was engaged (and maybe one other switch too, forget), I disconnected that primarily because it was intermittent.
The clutch switch is about all you could put on the Kioti...starter and lights are the only electrical components on it, fuel shutoff and injection is mechanical.
IMHO you'd really need to try to fall off a modern tractor, you have to climb over a bunch of stuff to even get off...it's not like an old single-letter model JD.

I did disconnect the seat switch on my rider mower. Lawn's rough enough in places that you bounce out of the seat when you go over those spots, when the switch was active it would kill the engine momentarily. Again, it's pretty hard to fall off unless you roll it.

/ By pass of seat safety switch - pro's & con's #99  
Non of the tractor I've owned had a seat switch (they never had one)