Can I get parts for this ?

/ Can I get parts for this ? #1  

CJBOTA

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 & MX5100
I found a two row cultivator that has a tag that says it is product of Pittsburgh Forging company ( farm implement division ) It is in good shape but the replaceable shanks need replaced. They have two plow bolts that hold each shank to the shank holder. I can't find anything on the internet when I do a search for parts for this brand. I was wondering if these shanks were a standard size that would have been used on all brands of the day.
This unit does have a serial number and I am guessing it is not all that old, maybe from the 1970's. The shank ends are rounded and I think they are supposed to have a V shape to them. I was even thinking of trying to grind them back to a V. I put it on the tractor and it sort of works. I am not sure shank is the right word because they are more like flat curved plates with two mounting bolts and have a V shape on the ends. Any help in finding new shanks would be appreciated. Thanks!
cj

/ Can I get parts for this ? #2  
If you go to Rural King , they show several different triangle shaped cultivator blades if you search under cultivator on their site.

/ Can I get parts for this ? #4  
Cultivator points are available at any farm implement dealer or at the websites others posted. The holes have standard spacing on many brands, replacement points often have one elongated hole to allow for variability. They'll cost you $6-$10 each at most places.

/ Can I get parts for this ? #5  
I found a two row cultivator that has a tag that says it is product of Pittsburgh Forging company ( farm implement division ) It is in good shape but the replaceable shanks need replaced. They have two plow bolts that hold each shank to the shank holder. I can't find anything on the internet when I do a search for parts for this brand. I was wondering if these shanks were a standard size that would have been used on all brands of the day.
This unit does have a serial number and I am guessing it is not all that old, maybe from the 1970's. The shank ends are rounded and I think they are supposed to have a V shape to them. I was even thinking of trying to grind them back to a V. I put it on the tractor and it sort of works. I am not sure shank is the right word because they are more like flat curved plates with two mounting bolts and have a V shape on the ends. Any help in finding new shanks would be appreciated. Thanks!
cj

We have points for $4.50 each (old stock) 2 or 2 1/2 inches wide with 2 bolt mount pattern. They were used on the type spring shank shown below. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• cshank25.JPG
    cshank25.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 88