3-Point Hitch can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please

/ can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
on the 3pt rod that runs from lever to lift arm there are 2 springs, same part number.
I need measurement of one thats not compressed, depending on whether lift all the way up or all the way down one will be loose.
been wondering why my lever does not flip back after arm moved all the way up/down think its these springs.
the compressed spring supposed to be approx 1.5 inches yet both mine are that length no matter what.

Capture.PNG

/ can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please #2  
I will try to next time Im in the garage, hopefully its not to hard to get to or see.

/ can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please #3  
On my GC2310, I get the same with a caliper and a tape measure -- an even 2".

Also, with my 3PH lever in the center/neutral position, neither of the springs is compressed and sit there free; apparently they only get compressed when the lever is being moved to change position (moved to "down" when MMM is up or pulled back to "raise" when MMM is already down).

I currently have the MMM on and it's all the way down, lever in center position, and both springs are free to slide back & forth a half inch or so. Nut & jam nut on the end of the shaft have about 1" of threaded rod exposed behind them. Perhaps they and/or your locking piece (on the forward end) are not in the correct positions? I did notice that I apparently adjusted my rod a couple years ago....

And how are things in your Etna?? We're cooling down here, LOTS of leaves....

DSC00249.JPG

/ can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please
cold here mornings high 30s low 40s.
yeah my spring is worn. thanks for verifying.
I was able to adjust enough so raise kicks off automatically.
I slid trunnion back so it WON'T kick off on lowering as that gives me a tiller float ability.
when raising that arm on lift hits spring and licks lever off. and yeah when lever in neutral neither spring should be hitting.

/ can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please #5  
Etna NH meets Etna Maine :) I am in between you both as the crow flies-expecting it to go down o the 30s at night next week briefly. I am curious about the label that says actuator rod was shortened in 2019? Was that a recall or home engineered?

/ can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please #6  
No, that was me -- I have this obsession with labeling things I work on for future reference. It wasn't operating correctly all the time; I found that by reducing its length a bit it worked better.

That raise/lower lever gets a LOT of use, both when the MMM is on as well as when the blower's on. As I crest a fairly steep rise, for example, I'll lift it just a bit as I go over the "hump." Oh, there's a small tree's stump, better lift it a bit... etc. My right hand is on that lever a lot!

/ can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please #7  
I dunno how I missed this thread man, I'll measure it for you today if you still need it.

I dunno how I missed this thread man, I'll measure it for you today if you still need it.
I'm all set, IrvingJ measured his and is 2 inches.
thank you though.
got to replace one of mine to kick off lift. the spring is so weak even when adjusted up only works 2 days or so before messing up.
6$ part and 15 minutes to replace.

/ can some GC owner take a measurement of an uncompressed spring for me please #9  
" in between you both as the crow flies..."

So, Daigle -- that puts you in the "European Region" of Maine? Always get a kick out of driving through there; I spent a lot of time traveling to Norway, Sweden & Finland as a young man.

It's not pretty but it works perfect. The Massey spring 7$ and 2 weeks to get here.
Spring at rural general store only 1.29$ and while not 2 inches was 1 3/4 inches so I used a nut as a spacer. Works perfect. On other side of rod I rotated the trunnion down to clear hydro lines and set it back so never activated. Gives me float function for tiller.
20211025_132609.jpg