can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design?

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design? #1  

disney

Gold Member
Tractor
scag turf tiger 61" #2, gx95, sold f525 twice, f725 sold
Why is the front upper rail extended beyond the flooring? I was thinking maybe it would let you pull something with a bumper a little further, but I think most small lawn mowers, or even 4wheelers have so little overhang that they would drive off the deck before hitting the cross bar. I believe the winch was added by the owner, not the factory.

gal1.jpg

gal2.jpg

gal3.jpg

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design? #2  
Can't help with the trailer but I was wondering about he copper loop on the wall.
Is it part of a heating system?

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design?
Can't help with the trailer but I was wondering about he copper loop on the wall.
Is it part of a heating system?

I noticed that also, but the pictures came from a local for sale posting, so I have no additional information.

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design? #4  
Why is the front upper rail extended beyond the flooring? I was thinking maybe it would let you pull something with a bumper a little further, but I think most small lawn mowers, or even 4wheelers have so little overhang that they would drive off the deck before hitting the cross bar. I believe the winch was added by the owner, not the factory.

View attachment 672581

View attachment 672585

View attachment 672586

Looks like it was designed for a boat. Slide your gator catcher in.

http://www.continentaltrailers.com/galvanized-atvandutilitytrailers.htm

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design? #5  
Ya it gives you a little extra room......

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design? #6  
I can't imagine why the trailer is built that way other than they could. The piping on the wall looks like a compressed air cooler/dryer but I should see a drip leg there but don't.

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design? #7  
The welder did not have a square :laughing::laughing:

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design? #8  
Seems to be built for something specific as the axle placement would be hard to balance average loads. If price is right, would be worth purchasing. If I were to purchase it, I would be sliding the axles rearward a bit. JM2C.

/ can someone explain the purpose/benefit of this design? #10  
My guess is that it allows whatever is driven onto there, more space to move forward.

When I load my tractor onto my trailer, I drive it all the way forward until I hit the front railing. With this set up, I would be farther forward and not have my bushhog tailwheel hanging off the back of my 16ft trailer.