Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
I've been working to replace the fuel filter and cleaning out the fuel tank due to bio-slime issues. While working, I noticed this spring was unattached and was left flopping loose. According to the Messicks part diagram #020400, this spring is 020 and is called the Governor Spring. See the pic.

The forward part of the spring is supposes to be connected to the 030 Governor Lever, according to part diagram 020500. Which it appears it is, see pic.

The rear part of the spring is supposed to be connected to the 060 Fork Lever, which is part of the Governor. However, I cannot find this lever, not any part of the Governor. Is it hidden under the Stop Solenoid?

I've replaced the fuel filter, all fuel lines and cleaned out the tank. Now my RTV will start but not stay running. It stops after just a couple seconds.

Help!

IMG_0925 (Large).jpeg

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #2  
i would think it has to go in opposite direction of stop solenoid. but thats just a guess. can you manually hold it opposite to see if it keeps running? when the stop solenoid engages to stop unit, does it pull in or push out?

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #3  
It looks like you're missing a few bolts to the right of the spring. We bought a new X1100C so I've never seen the setup for the RTV 900.

I'm glad that you posted this, I'll be taking a few pictures of our motor tomorrow just for our records on how everything looked.

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #4  
Ya, i think i will go take pics of mine before i do any work on it. I was planning on a maintenance session next week.

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model
It looks like you're missing a few bolts to the right of the spring. We bought a new X1100C so I've never seen the setup for the RTV 900.

I'm glad that you posted this, I'll be taking a few pictures of our motor tomorrow just for our records on how everything looked.

The two "missing" bolts aren't missing. I removed them because they only held up a piece of broken plastic, which is another question/mystery as well. Two pics of the broken plastic:

IMG_0921 (Large).jpegIMG_0922 (Large).jpeg

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #6  
   / Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #7  
It could just be something out of focus but this looks like an eyelet the spring could reach. :confused3:

TBN-Spring.JPG

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model
It could just be something out of focus but this looks like an eyelet the spring could reach. :confused3:

View attachment 684299

Might could be. It's clear, once I get the RTV moving is to clean the engine better so I can see things.

I'll check that out tomorrow. I plan to remove the Stop Solenoid so I can see what's underneath it better.

Thanks!

/ Can someone tell me where this spring is supposed to go? RTV900R6 model #10  
I would expect the spring to go somewhere in that area. There's also something to the left of the circle being partially covered by the rubber boot. That also looks like a loop.