"Can We Guess Your Highest Education Level?" TEST

Paddy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, G5200, KAMA 454
I got a 76=> Phd. But I'll bet my wife scores higher than me and she just attended 1 year of university

quicksandfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma 354, purchased 2007
I got 97, missed two questions. Just about everything on the test I learned in high school, most by 9th grade.

aarolar

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800
Re: "Can We Guess Your Highest Education Level?" TEST

66% PHD, only basic high school for me.

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
87 PHD.. I guess.. I missed some easy ones.

Ed of all trades

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere X310, JD LA 145
I guess I was to something. I got to the question about bindery and it just kept giving it to me over and over. The cool thing was I kept getting it right. Ed

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Re: "Can We Guess Your Highest Education Level?" TEST

66% PHD, only basic high school for me.

80%...also a PHD
I wonder if I can add that to my resume?
(High School, some college focused on technical subjects)

teejk

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2020, IH CC 1250, Ariens 926 Snowthrower
These tests are usually BS and I won't bother with this one...I will offer a quote from one of my favorite college professors though..."If you get an "A" in this class, you might be teaching it someday. If you get a "B", you will likely be working for one of the "C" students". Pretty true statement I think (and kinda comes back to "those that can "do, do", those that can't teach").

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I only got a 70 and Phd. I missed all the Shakespeare BS. Never cared for that kind of writing.

murphy1244

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
87, A lot of good guesses I guess.

flyerdan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Hyster H50 Bobcat M700
87% for me as well. Then got sucked into the vocabulary test following it, 98% on that. Then another and another, I quit after seven tests with a snoring cat on my lap.

BoylermanCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Montana R2844, Hustler X-One
The test is rigged. No questions about tractors! Gave me my first PhD! I am hanging it proudly on the wall of my barn!

stuckmotor

Elite Member
Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
I missed the first question and went off chasing after one of the pop-up ads.

oldpilgrim

Elite Member
Tractor
2014 Mahindra 3016HST
****... I answered about 75 questions and then the site crashed. Ain't doing it again.

Norm W

Gold Member
Tractor
Oliver 70, Farmall A, Allis Chalmers C, VW Rabbit (repowered with a Geo engine} tractor/backhoe, Cat D4-7U
I got a 95 but as stated previously by quicksandfarmer I learned most of it in high school and that was more than 50 years ago.

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Got a 97, thanks to several lucky guesses. I do have a doctor's degree, it just isn't a PhD.

CalG

Elite Member
Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
It doesn't seem to take all that much to obtain the "Piled Higher and Deeper' status. Just like the real world. I mean, who wants to work with these people? ;-)

mapper

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1734E
Two year AA in forest technology 94, missed a couple of Shakespeare quotes, I think you could score at least 70 if you were awake over half the time in high school.

PHPaul

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 with cab, Pasquali 986
Well, THEY are full of poo-poo juice! 81%, PHD and I barely made it out of high school.

Picked up a lot just from listening and life experience in the intervening 48 years apparently...

Most of my misses were Shakespeare and English History. A couple I knew better and just wasn't thinking.

lnk

Gold Member
Tractor
Ferguson to-20, Deutz D7007, Yazoo yhr-60, Gravely 5240, Gravely C8 and model L,
I got a 96%. ha ha, just a high school education. SO much for a PHD., What a joke. I do read, alot.

LNK

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
It says 'You are a college graduate or have almost completed a 4 year degree'..... Wrong. I'm a high school graduate with 2 miserable years of college and no degree but I'm 66 years old and in 66 years, I've learned a lot.....

Must have been my knowledge of chemistry and geometry. I do have a Journeyman card in tool and die making.

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
86% PHD

Full of crap. Most were lucky guesses, based on simple process of elimination or using the pic. If it wasnt multiple choice, would probably be in the 40-ish percent, since about half of the questions were related to art/literature/poetry/etc.

The sciency and math stuff was easy.

But I agree with most, its stuff taught in highschool. But the math, science, chemistry, physics, etc I find useful, and have the ability to retain. Couldn't give a crap about literature or shakespear or picasso, or who the queen of a foreign country was several hundred years ago. Whats that gonna get me in the real world? A fancy degree to hang on my wall, a lame job, and no real world skills to be self-sufficient.

What are all these people with a 20 year degree in arts/literature gonna do when God forbid something might happen to this country or planet and we are gonna have to have some basic skills to survive. Guess we can revert back to the Darwin question

flusher

Tractor
Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.
I managed 24 out of 25 correct and then that POS website froze while trying to splash all the advertising onto that page, even though I have 100 MB/sec service.

IMHO, based on my score, I'm a fricking genius :laughing:

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
Most comments here seem to be about their high score. I only scored 54% and it said I'm a 4 year college grad. You guys must be fricking Genius and clear off the chart. :)

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
Most comments here seem to be about their high score. I only scored 54% and it said I'm a 4 year college grad. You guys must be fricking Genius and clear off the chart. :)

It is all relative Richard. Compared to current college grads we ARE genius's . compared to 8th grsders from the 19th century. We are idiots.

OldMcDonald

Platinum Member
Tractor
None
Waste of time I would say. First one I failed was iamb and gave up two or three questions later. Seems like I would also have gained a PhD. I might well have done if I had continued studying academically instead of professionally.

LD1, There is no reason why a PhD holder cannot also have the necessary skills. My son went home yesterday after a short holiday here, and he can still split a stump with a big hammer and wedges, sow seeds correctly, shovel sh*t and many other tasks. He is a scientist not an arty fa*tey type though. A great niece has just completed a degree in "creative writing". Useful????

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172

Either the members of TBN are the cream of the crop, or the originators of that quiz have something more sinister in mind. I keep looking for a bug of some kind to come creeping through my computer and steal all of my most secret ideas, patents, SS number, Bank card number, address of my mistress, and my treasure map.

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Waste of time I would say. First one I failed was iamb and gave up two or three questions later. Seems like I would also have gained a PhD. I might well have done if I had continued studying academically instead of professionally.

LD1, There is no reason why a PhD holder cannot also have the necessary skills. My son went home yesterday after a short holiday here, and he can still split a stump with a big hammer and wedges, sow seeds correctly, shovel sh*t and many other tasks. He is a scientist not an arty fa*tey type though. A great niece has just completed a degree in "creative writing". Useful????

You are right, there is no reason they "cannot" have the necessary skills. Many do. Just pointing out that the majority, "I think" do not. I could be totally wrong though. But if we suddenly found ourselves back in the stone ages tomorrow, I would think the odds of survival would be far greater with those in skilled trade professions such as mechanics, carpenters, etc as opposed to those BS degree in arts and crafts.

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
You are right, there is no reason they "cannot" have the necessary skills. Many do. Just pointing out that the majority, "I think" do not. I could be totally wrong though. But if we suddenly found ourselves back in the stone ages tomorrow, I would think the odds of survival would be far greater with those in skilled trade professions such as mechanics, carpenters, etc as opposed to those BS degree in arts and crafts.

I think you are right.

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor

If it all goes bad I have confidence my boys and I will be among the last survivors. I have no worries about our ability to provide our families with the essentials.

My concern is with all the slackers that will try to take what we have. Will definitely be some collateral damage....

SPYDERLK

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500
Little to do with intelligence. Most of that stuff was empty knowledge. Kinda a long term memory test vs ability to think.

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
guess the test is down now, i hi the link and it said oops the page has moved??

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
After 80 questions I figured I already knew what my education level was so I quit and got on something really worthwhile, Facebook.

Good One!!!!! :D

TJP89

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST TL, Gravely ZTHD
I gave up after about 30, when the site overloaded from ads and sent me back to question one. The only ones I had missed were the shakespeare ones. Probably would have given me a PhD, already have one. My opinion is that a decent highschooler or really any college kid could get the same result. The non-science ones I picked up over the years. Literature was never my strong point, good thing as I have no idea what I would do with a degree in that. I quickly realized as a teenager that I could make a decent living without any college degrees. I decided to get my chemistry degrees though, and still make a decent living. I am glad I'm the sciences, I still run into people who are working toward a literature or art degree, very happy, maybe even very good, but with no clue how they are going to ever make a living.

I also take a degree of pride in the fact that I still am a hands on person, with a collection of practical skills. It's nothing to many of you here, but there is not a whole lot around the property I can't handle on my own. Experience in the world is always worth more than any fancy degree, and that is a realization that most people haven't made yet.

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
I gave up after about 30, when the site overloaded from ads and sent me back to question one. The only ones I had missed were the shakespeare ones. Probably would have given me a PhD, already have one. My opinion is that a decent highschooler or really any college kid could get the same result. The non-science ones I picked up over the years. Literature was never my strong point, good thing as I have no idea what I would do with a degree in that. I quickly realized as a teenager that I could make a decent living without any college degrees. I decided to get my chemistry degrees though, and still make a decent living. I am glad I'm the sciences, I still run into people who are working toward a literature or art degree, very happy, maybe even very good, but with no clue how they are going to ever make a living.

I also take a degree of pride in the fact that I still am a hands on person, with a collection of practical skills. It's nothing to many of you here, but there is not a whole lot around the property I can't handle on my own. Experience in the world is always worth more than any fancy degree, and that is a realization that most people haven't made yet.

I heard a Public Service Announcement on an Iowa radio station yesterday. It encouraged Employers to hire Employees without a Degree but with "World Educated" talents as they called them. I was shocked to hear such a thing. Something I've known all my life. Just odd to hear it publicly announced. :)