Can you dye hydraulic or gear oil? If so with what?

/ Can you dye hydraulic or gear oil? If so with what?
Thank you! I figured there was a solution I just had to ask!

/ Can you dye hydraulic or gear oil? If so with what? #13  
I paint the lower section of the dipstick with Flat Black paint. When it's wet with oil, it's obvious

/ Can you dye hydraulic or gear oil? If so with what? #15  
I too have problems seeing the oil on the stick, so what I do is take a clean white paper towel. Remove the stick and lightly place the tip flat on the towel. When you raise the stick the oil level will be indicated on the towel.
I usually just carefully lay the tip flat on a pant leg, or a glove. But I'm always wearing pants when I'm "tractoring" but not necessarily gloves.

/ Can you dye hydraulic or gear oil? If so with what? #16  
Guys
My NAPA dealer sells me colored TDH oil. Befoare, it was clear oil.
I think it is better than to dye oil.
Bye

/ Can you dye hydraulic or gear oil? If so with what? #17  
Twice walmart has broken my dipstick!

Some genius decided to make the pull section of the dip stick out of plastic. i do have plastic parts on my 1988 bmw that are still like new so, plastic has its place as long as it's not the cheapest chit you can find.

after a long wait wait, i broke the rules, i walked into the walmart work area and there was this tweaker with a power drill in his had ready to drill out the broken dip stick.

yes, he was a dip chit workin on a dip stick.

i pointed out to him that 1 bolt and an o ring holds the dipstick tube in place, shut the hood and left.

he assured my there was "some" oil in there.

/ Can you dye hydraulic or gear oil? If so with what?
Twice walmart has broken my dipstick!

Some genius decided to make the pull section of the dip stick out of plastic. i do have plastic parts on my 1988 bmw that are still like new so, plastic has its place as long as it's not the cheapest chit you can find.

after a long wait wait, i broke the rules, i walked into the walmart work area and there was this tweaker with a power drill in his had ready to drill out the broken dip stick.

yes, he was a dip chit workin on a dip stick.

i pointed out to him that 1 bolt and an o ring holds the dipstick tube in place, shut the hood and left.

he assured my there was "some" oil in there.
Did I read that right? You take your BMW to WalMart for an oil change? I'm sorry but isn't that expecting a miracle?

/ Can you dye hydraulic or gear oil? If so with what? #19  
Did I read that right? You take your BMW to WalMart for an oil change? I'm sorry but isn't that expecting a miracle?
ha ha

good point!

funny, walmart has a list of vehicles they will not work on.

BMW is one on that list so, even if i wanted to take it to walmart, they wouldn't do it.

I can do the oil on my 1988 BMW 325 convert with out jacking it up!

The broken dip sticks were both chrysler sebring convertibles.