Canopy rather than Cab

/ Canopy rather than Cab #11  

Vaquero

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6010c
To each, his own.
I learned to drive on a MF 35. Graduated to Case 730, IH 806, then the cabs, the the JD 4020, the Case 1175, then 2390.

If the AC works, nothing beats a cab. If it ain't working, nothing is worse.
That JD ate a lot of GM compressors. Those Case ate their share of Ford compressors.
If it's what you spend all day doing, in open fields, I want a cab.

/ Canopy rather than Cab
OP
W

wolc123

Veteran Member
To each, his own.
I learned to drive on a MF 35. Graduated to Case 730, IH 806, then the cabs, the the JD 4020, the Case 1175, then 2390.

If the AC works, nothing beats a cab. If it ain't working, nothing is worse.
That JD ate a lot of GM compressors. Those Case ate their share of Ford compressors.
If it's what you spend all day doing, in open fields, I want a cab.
If my full time job involved operating a tractor in open fields over the summer then there is no doubt that I would want a cab. I dont think that is the case for many on this mostly CUT forum, and certainly not for me.

I would feel cheated, from my freedom of being outside, if my limited time on a tractor was in an air conditioned cab. As I said in my earlier post, you couldn't pay me to own a tractor with a cab.

/ Canopy rather than Cab #14  

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Does your cab tractor fit in a standard 7 ft high garage door ? How does or work in the woods ? Has your air conditioner ever given you trouble? Does the glass ever get dirty or broken ? Do you have a full time job inside a heated and air conditioned building ?
Interestingly, I have BOTH. I have a cab unit with climate control and stereo and air ride seat and wipers and all that and I also have an open station with a canopy. Both have their uses and advantages and drawbacks.

Far as my 'garage door' is concerned, it's 14 feet high and 10 wide so it's a non issue.

I use both of them, I'm not partial unless it's 90 out and I'm in the field. then it's ac all the way.

Attachments

• 100_0010 (1).JPG
    100_0010 (1).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
   / Canopy rather than Cab #15  

JethroB

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460 HST Open Station, Kubota L5460 HST Cab, MF 135 Diesel
Awfully clean and shiny for a ‘real’ farmer.

/ Canopy rather than Cab #16  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I had my 2009 Kubota M6040 for seven years. Then I bought a canopy. More concerned about keeping the sun off me. I worked a tractor or two with a cab. Don't like it. If we EVER AGAIN get enough snow to plow in the winter - it's Eddie Bauer and me. I brought all my down gear with me from Alaska. Eddie Bauer & Alpine Design.

/ Canopy rather than Cab
OP
W

wolc123

Veteran Member
I had my 2009 Kubota M6040 for seven years. Then I bought a canopy. More concerned about keeping the sun off me. I worked a tractor or two with a cab. Don't like it. If we EVER AGAIN get enough snow to plow in the winter - it's Eddie Bauer and me. I brought all my down gear with me from Alaska. Eddie Bauer & Alpine Design.
I am right with you there. I enjoy clearing snow with my open station tractor. The cool crisp air outside feels wonderful after being cooped up in the factory or our wood heated house all day.

I just throw on my insulated coveralls, face mask, arctic boots, and heavy wool lined mittens and I am ready to take on any amount of snow no matter how cold it gets.

I suppose a cab would be nice in the winter for folks forced to use a blower because they have limited area to stack snow. Open station is no problem for those of us with plenty of room to push it with a blade or stack it with a front loader.

/ Canopy rather than Cab
OP
W

wolc123

Veteran Member
Your canopy looks way to small on that orange tractor 5030.

/ Canopy rather than Cab #19  

RjCorazza

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060 Cab, ZD1211, ZD326
To each his own. I personally prefer a cab in all weather conditions.
I have considered canopies for my zero turn mowers, but I mow under a lot of trees and would be lowering and raising the rops too frequently.