Can't believe Sams Club did me this.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #71  
If I had to go to the trouble of taking Sam's to small claims court, the relief amount would be the cost to replace rim + lost time + court fees. The rim was $900, the total asked should be $3K minimum.
Most Small Claims Courts won't let you file for lost time, aggravation and associated costs.

What you do is get the Clerk of Courts to serve the Regional Manager. if you can. Not the Store Manager or the Department Head or whatever. The Highest Manager that can be served, you serve him. If they'll serve one of the Waltons, do that.

You think you've been aggravated? Wait until that Regional Manager gets done with the Store Manager.

I'd pay to see that.

Just don't be petty. Not saying you are, but don't be anything other than pure business. Strictly business.

A word (phrase actually) you can use -- "Workman Like Manner". A word to never use, 'unfair'. The Court system uses a different language than the rest of us.

Like my Daddy always said, "I can't make you do something, but I can make you wish you had."

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #72  
I'm not a big fan of Walmart either, however, that museum is amazing. And free. Well worth the trip. Been there twice. Now back to your regular programming.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #73  
When Sears moved out of Shopping Centers and into Malls, they just got up and walked away from their Customer Base, IMHO.

Also, they were very slow to catch onto Computer/Online Shopping as well. Here's a Company that made its bones being a Mail Order-Only Store and they were too stubborn (It is no coincidence that 'Stubborn' and 'Stupid' begin with the same 3 letters) to see the handwriting on the wall. Simply because they thought they were so powerful that they could MAKE people shop the way they wanted them to shop.

I dislike Jeff Bezos intently, but Amazon is brilliant in its simplicity. They do it right. They're not perfect, you gotta shop them but they're hard to beat.

Not sure what customer base they left behind when they moved their stores to malls, but no argument that they missed the boat with on-line ordering. They published their last catalog in 1993, well before online buying became popular. Why? I dunno, maybe it wasn't profitable anymore in the late 80s & 90s.

They did kind of lose their way in the 80s, but business was changing and the trend in retail at the time seemed to be to be more specialized. Did they want to be a tool store? Appliances? Clothing (especially fashionable womens' clothes)? They weren't sure, and ultimately did none of those things well. Maybe Walmart was a competitor in some parts of the country, but they didn't really have much of a presence here in New England until the 90s. Even then, they had a "lower end" image that Sears was trying to avoid.

I don't get the hate on Bezos. I don't see him as any worse than Elon Musk, who many here idolize.
Used them once out of convenience and never went back when they tried pulling that stunt.

They had performed some unauthorized repairs and refused to provide me with the removed parts. I ended up getting the police involved when I informed them that I would only pay for what I had it in there for, and not the unauthorized repairs. They refused to give me back my keys.

Cops showed up and read the manager the riot act. Apparently this same officer had been up there multiple times that week for similar complaints and was out of patience.

I had a copy of the signed paperwork for what I had authorized. So I paid for my oil change and thanked the manager for the "Free" shocks and windshield wipers
Not just Sears, but many, even most tire & auto chains were guilty of that. Likewise, I learned long ago to NEVER take a vehicle there for state inspection because guaranteed they'll find something that "needs to be repaired", or make up inspection criteria beyond what the state required.

Back in the 90s had a friend who had a charging problem with his car, brought it into one of those tire & auto chains. They replaced the battery, alternator & regulator and called it good. A year later, same problem, same "fix". He wouldn't take it anywhere else because he "liked" them, and they'd always get him in quickly. Finally, I took a look at it...one of the field wires to the alternator had a bad crimp and was making an intermittent connection.

Good for you calling the cops, not sure it would have occurred to me to do so.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #74  
When exactly the rim bent is hard to prove but dont really matter.

"Assuming" it was after because they would have "noticed" on the balancer......maybe they did. Maybe the knew they screwd it up and didnt even put it on the balancer? Hoping to send it down the road and that you wouldnt notice til days later or something....or just hope you wouldnt fault them.

But regardless of "when" it happened.....the rim is bent as a direct result of their service. And they admitted it when they wrote on the receipt. Should be an open and shut case. Curious to know how this turns out

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #75  
Had a customer bring his Subaru into our shop to replace a broken wheel stud and nut in front hub. Walmart had over impacted it on and broken the stud. Replaced stud and nut and sent him on his way. About six months later he comes back with a different broken stud. Asked him what happened and he says Walmart did it again. Asked him why he returned there and he looked right at me and said because they offer free tire rotations😊

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #76  
Had a customer bring his Subaru into our shop to replace a broken wheel stud and nut in front hub. Walmart had over impacted it on and broken the stud. Replaced stud and nut and sent him on his way. About six months later he comes back with a different broken stud. Asked him what happened and he says Walmart did it again. Asked him why he returned there and he looked right at me and said because they offer free tire rotations
I get free rotations with my tire purchase from discount tire. They remove tires with an impact but hand tighten and use a torque wrench to finish.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #77  
My point was Mr Subaru drove 50 miles round trip twice for free rotations and both times had to repair damage to his car. Fool me once....

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #78  
Tires were getting old on my Genesis GT Coupe so I decided to get some new ones. I shopped all around and the cheapest prices I could find for the tires and having them installed was at Sams. I had to special order them because they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock. They phoned me a few days later when they got them in and I drove over there to have them installed. I had an appointment and they started on the tires as soon as I got there. I went inside to wait and it took them 2 hours which I found exceedingly long before they called me and said they were ready.

I paid the $900 for the tires and got my key, got in and drove off. It didn't feel right at first and as soon as I got up to 30 mph the steering wheel shook back and forth violently and I slowed down and drove back to Sams. I told them it felt like my rim was bent on front. They jacked it up, turned the tire and it was easy to see the wheel wobbling back and forth. After 5 minutes of "discussion" they admitted that they had probably bent my factory aluminum wheel during the tire change. The mechanic told me to go to the dealer and buy a new rim and they would put it on for me and reimburse me for the rim. Untrusting as I am, I asked him to write that on my receipt which he did. I ordered the rim and went back to Sams a couple days later when it came in. After they installed it and I gave them the receipt for over $600 for the rim, the store manager came out and said that it was impossible for their machine to bend my aluminum rim and they aren't paying for it. After several more minutes of "discussion" they offered to pay me half for the rim if I paid the other half. They said they would turn the matter over to their insurance company but they were sure the company would phone me to deny payment. I went home and have been waiting for the phone call before I know if I have to file with small claims court to get relief. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I hear anything.
1 - Start a simple Google and Yelp review of the company. Post what you've written here. When writing a negative online review, keep it simple but with all the points noted. You did a good job right here on this forum, I'd just copy and past it and give them 0 stars.

Keep in mind, Google can be paid for by the customer, so watch your review over time. Make certain they don't delete it. As far as I know, Yelp isn't paid for by advertising customers.

2 - Start a complaint with your local better business business bureau. The BBB really can't do anything but document their response and give them a failing grade.

I did steps 1 and 2 above, and after the owner realized that I was indeed going to go to small claims court per this issue (which was the 3rd step), he finally said "all right, here is your money".

Please note, I went online AFTER I gave them the option to pay me back my money, and they told me to pound sand.

The reason why I would go online is we do live in an electronic age. People do read reviews, and people do look up businesses even with the BBB.

I have little doubt that you will get your money back in small claims court (as well as I'm certain Sam's understands this as well), but if they are going to be jackasses about it, let other people know about your experience. You may actually hurt them more in the pocketbook after they have to give you your money back.

Sam's club was kind of stupid about it. If you're going to state your going to cover the cost of your customer buying a product elsewhere and they will reimburse you for it, they have to realize that when you go get a OEM part, it's NOT going to be the same price as getting a aftermarket part at a "box store". That said, still probably cheaper than buying 4 new wheels even at Sam's. The issue is you took a "nice car" there, not a junker ;)

How do you like that car? My parents were pretty simple when it came to cars, but after mom died, I finally convinced my dad to spend his money on himself. He ended up with 3 variants of the Honda Accord coupe, V6 and loved the car (so much, he was on his 3rd one). I didn't realize they stopped making them, and found one local in NC with all the bells and whistles, and he came down to trade his second on the 3rd. He saw a newer one one time when he came down to visit, and this newer one he saw was a really nice blue color he liked (his previous 2 were silver). When I saw it was that exact color, latest and LAST model made by Honda, I told him he had to have it and he agreed (he drove 8 hours one way to buy it LOL). Sorry off tangent, but the reason why I asked about your car is he also saw that Genesis coupe and was interested in it as well when he decided to buy a new car, but never test rode it after he tried the Honda first (when he came down on a visit) and never got to try the Genesis and like himself, once he found something he liked, he stuck with it.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this.
How do you like that car? My parents were pretty simple when it came to cars, but after mom died, I finally convinced my dad to spend his money on himself. He ended up with 3 variants of the Honda Accord coupe, V6 and loved the car (so much, he was on his 3rd one). I didn't realize they stopped making them, and found one local in NC with all the bells and whistles, and he came down to trade his second on the 3rd. He saw a newer one one time when he came down to visit, and this newer one he saw was a really nice blue color he liked (his previous 2 were silver). When I saw it was that exact color, latest and LAST model made by Honda, I told him he had to have it and he agreed (he drove 8 hours one way to buy it LOL). Sorry off tangent, but the reason why I asked about your car is he also saw that Genesis coupe and was interested in it as well when he decided to buy a new car, but never test rode it after he tried the Honda first (when he came down on a visit) and never got to try the Genesis and like himself, once he found something he liked, he stuck with it.
I bought a 2009 Hyundai Sonata new and liked it so much because it was a perfect family car with 4 doors, a large trunk, plenty of room inside and I never had a problem with it in 3 years. The only problem was that I wanted a sports car all my life and now was the best time to get one. I confess, I love the feel of rapid acceleration and drag racing is in my blood, so I looked for the fastest car I could get for under $60,000 and I found the Genesis Coupe Grand Touring was rated the fastest and way cheaper than $60,000.

Getting a 10 year warranty with it made the deal too good to pass up. It is essentially a 2 person car because only children can fit in the back seat comfortably but since I have no young kids this didn't matter. Quite a few V8 Mustangs and Camaros were surprised when a stock 6 cylinder shut them down. Sadly, I made enemies with one local bridge cop who has been sneaky enough to give me 2 speeding tickets and the next one will cancel my insurance policy.

It's 10 years old now and I have only had a bad starter and 1 flat tire so I feel it has given me more reliability than most new vehicles I have purchased and it still looks like new. I was taken by surprise when Hyundia announced they were going to stop making them because they had supported them so much in the past by entering them in the Pikes Peak road race two years in a row and each year winning and setting a new speed record against all comers. But the fact is that Americans still think of Ford, Chevy and Dodge when they are thinking about speed and the fastest car ever made in Korea is not known to most.

Last edited:
   / Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #80  
Had a customer bring his Subaru into our shop to replace a broken wheel stud and nut in front hub. Walmart had over impacted it on and broken the stud. Replaced stud and nut and sent him on his way. About six months later he comes back with a different broken stud. Asked him what happened and he says Walmart did it again. Asked him why he returned there and he looked right at me and said because they offer free tire rotations😊
Wal-Mart near me used to install tires with a torque wrench as a store policy, then the TLE manager would verify torque and sign off.

Aaron Z