Can't believe Sams Club did me this.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #101  
First tpms used abs to monitor wheel rotation as low tire would turn at different speed. Only problem was if all 4 tires had 10 psi in them light wouldn't come on😊

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #102  
Funny thing about tpms 15yr old beat up compact car has it (the whole system is shot not just a sensor) yet a 2018 Chevy 4500 class C motorhome does not. I can relatively easily and safely handle a blowout on the compact car not so much on a 4500 class C motorhome especially if it was a steer wheel, on top of that they put these ridiculous chrome hubcaps on it further restricting access to the valve stems to check tire pressure, (long since removed and replaced with Chevy center caps).

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #103  
Another final thing about the tpms racquet lol most gas stations started charging to use there air hoses soon after tpms was put into play.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #104  
First tpms used abs to monitor wheel rotation as low tire would turn at different speed. Only problem was if all 4 tires had 10 psi in them light wouldn't come on
Current TPS monitors work similarly. They look for a difference in tire pressure.

If all 4 tires are within a couple pounds of each other, they won't sound the alarm.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #105  
Current TPS monitors work similarly. They look for a difference in tire pressure.

If all 4 tires are within a couple pounds of each other, they won't sound the alarm.
Depends if the system is active or passive. the passive system won't alert if all tires are clsoe to each other. the active systems will activate, which is the system that shows individual tire pressures on the dash display.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #106  
Funny thing about tpms 15yr old beat up compact car has it (the whole system is shot not just a sensor) yet a 2018 Chevy 4500 class C motorhome does not. I can relatively easily and safely handle a blowout on the compact car not so much on a 4500 class C motorhome especially if it was a steer wheel, on top of that they put these ridiculous chrome hubcaps on it further restricting access to the valve stems to check tire pressure, (long since removed and replaced with Chevy center caps).
I installed the tattle tail monitors on each truck that has dual wheels at the shop.

This way you have a visual indicator at the axle for tire pressure. Makes it super handy since you can walk around and check. As well as one spot that airs up both tires.

It has a built in check valve so if one tire leaks down the other stays filled. You can tell by the indicator if one tire has a leak. Air will pass through whichever check valve has the least amount of pressure and won't start airing the full tire till the pressure is equal between the two valves.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #107  
Depends if the system is active or passive. the passive system won't alert if all tires are clsoe to each other. the active systems will activate, which is the system that shows individual tire pressures on the dash display.
Mine and my wife's vehicles both have active. We can see the actual tire pressure on one of the screens on the dash.

They won't trip an alarm till it see's a 5lb difference. If they tripped any sooner, they would be driving everybody batty with constant alarms.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #108  
In all my years, I've never had a tire failure from defective manufacture
I have, but it was a retread. I was driving into town in a snowstorm in my '73 F100 when all of a sudden it started going squirrely. I was able to get it off the road and if I remember correctly, the tread had started to come off.

Does anyone even make retreads for passenger vehicles anymore?

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #109  
I have, but it was a retread. I was driving into town in a snowstorm in my '73 F100 when all of a sudden it started going squirrely. I was able to get it off the road and if I remember correctly, the tread had started to come off.

Does anyone even make retreads for passenger vehicles anymore?
I haven't seen any since my grandfather's old plow truck. Think he purchased the retreads in the early 90's. Haven't seen a vehicle before or after that had retreads on them

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #110  
Mine and my wife's vehicles both have active. We can see the actual tire pressure on one of the screens on the dash.

They won't trip an alarm till it see's a 5lb difference. If they tripped any sooner, they would be driving everybody batty with constant alarms.
I was thinking I heard around a 10% below registered normal. My 2011 Ram 1500 will set them off around 36-37# when 40 is the registered normal. I have had several cases where I they would be normal but would have a big temp drop over a couple of days Like 60 to like 27 over a period of a few days. Jump in the truck and start moving and set off 2 or 3 before getting out of the driveway.